Held Pinktoe for the first time!

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
Woohoo... glad to say I didnt get bit, not like I was expcting to get bitten but wasnt 100% sure. I was pretty excited cause this is the first time I have handled any of my tarantulas and it was my A.Avic. anyways just thought I would share my experience... and must say it was a very good experience at that... I could harldy even feel her walking up my arm it was crazy moved so gently and relaxed.

TheDon

Mendnwngs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I like holding My A. avic as well.. Cute spider. :) Glad everything worked well for you!

-Jason

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i also have an A. avic, G. rosea, B. smithi, G. aureostriata, & an E. campestratus.

i've held all of them but the biggest accomplishments were the G. rosea & A. avic since they're 3".

they're both very sweet and docile. :)

glad to hear you're enjoying them as much as i am.

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
Right now I have Chilean Rose (G. Rosea), Pinktoe (A. Avic), Suntiger (P. Irminia), Usambara (P. Murinus), Togo Starburst (H. Maculata) and a Costa Rican Zebra (A. Seemana) and so far I have only held my A. Avic... My rose has shown threat posture so I am weary of her... but none of the others have... but one thing i do know is I am not picking up the Suntiger, Usambara or Togo atleast for now as they are all rather small around 2 1/2 - 3" and all very fast!! and 2 of them are rumored to have nasty venom. but I might pick up the zebra because it seems very calm.

TheDon

Flower

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a Honduran Curly, two Chilean Rosies (one a baby), a Mexican Red Knee, and two Pinktoes. I hold all somewhat regularly.

I also hold my three emperor scorpions and my flatrock, but my emperors get testy sometimes so I mess with them less.

My spiders and my flatrock are all super docile and I feel safe handling them. This is why I stick to the more docile arachnids. =]

Alex080

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I hold all my T's no exceptions now there are a few i don't anymore because they are just to damn mean like my King Baboon

bamato

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Just to notice..

05-15-2003, 09:27 PM #1

//Tiago

Glad to hear you got to enjoy the experience :) I usually avoid handling mine unless it's necessary or I'm just really curious. I don't like the thought of them falling :(

**Edit** I just realized how old this post was... lol

Last edited: