Held my first Pokie today! (No bite report! Hehe.)

Nivek

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey. I just wanted to say that I held my first pokie today for some pictures. I was, of course, very careful and had everything cleared up and prepared for a bite and run. She was a sweet heart though. I only have one pic uploaded right now, but I will get some more up later. She is a P. regalis in premolt I believe. I hadn't originally planned on handling her, but she was just so sweet during her photos I decided to give it a try.
[/IMG]

Nivek

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Haha, thanks. She is really beautiful. A shame my fasciata wouldn't let me hold her though.

bluegootty

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
nice spider..wow regalis are very temper..but i held mine too.. but wat i've heard was the subfusca could get really nasty...anyway gj nivek..u braveheart u....{D

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Actually, that is a good question, Kev. Who took the picture?

Nivek

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah, Bell did a great job with the camera. She got to hit me in the head for about 10 minutes straight too. I think she had too much fun with that...;P

clearlysaid

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks!

If Kevin asked me to wrangle his P irimina this time last year I would have laughed at him. I have gotten a lot more comfortable with spiders now that I have people I can hang out with that are comfortable around spiders.

But, yeah, the best part was knocking the catch cup over Kevin's head to get the suntiger out. {D