Held for pick up question???

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Yes I just received the tracking number.
You should get a notification that package is ready for pickup.Just take your phone with the #,and your ID.Good luck,cause this thread is old.

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
Who else would be legally shipping T,s in the US?.UPS?...USPS?.Why are you and I going toe to toe with this?.
Now now, we are not going toe to toe at all. I replied to this thread, directly to the OP, just as you did. I did not address you at all. Not until you quoted me for reasons I still am confused about. ;)

The OP asked for advice. That is what I was giving, as were you. Not sure why you feel we are on opposing sides? :confused:

As for who would ship legally in the US? Trick question. USPS is most certainly NOT legal. UPS and FED EX, it is explicitly against their policies, UNLESS the shipper (sender) has a designated contract with them specifically for venomous animals.

TO THE OP:

You can either go to the website and type in the tracking number and see if it provides you with instructions or you can call them directly and ask them what their procedure is (especially now in Covid times). Best of luck! :)

Debby

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Love this thread. It should be enshrined somewhere with the label, how to miscom.

1. Order # or order confirmation info. Did you actually order something?
2. Shipper. Or did the supplier just put it out on the sidewalk and hope you would wander by?
3. Tracking number. If the shipper doesn't have one and gave it to you, you don't ever want to do business with them. With a few million packages shipped every day, what could possibly go wrong?
4. Come pick up your order. We weren't able to connect with you. Which leads to...
4.5 ... our shipping counter is open unless it isn't. Our hours usually vary according to the phases of the moon.
5. ...and who the heck are you? ...
6. ... and why are you bothering us?
7. Oh, a package? ID please, and tracking number. Just to keep us from delivering the package to some transient wandering in off the street.
8. And what is in the package? 17 tons of cocaine and an irate wildebeest of course. Stare the counter clerk dead in the eyes with your best 'You have got to be kidding me' icy gaze. (The correct answer is (and this means what to you? How is that question of the slightest relevance?)). You don't know what is in the package and you are not responsible for it. You only know what you ordered.- and of course have proof to that effect.
And BTW, until you have opened the package and verified the contents as correct, it technically still belongs to and is the responsibility of the supplier. If you don't verify the shipment is correct within the mandatory allotted time frame you just switched from 'customer' to 'victim'.

Last edited:

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
8. And what is in the package? 17 tons of cocaine and an irate wildebeest of course. Stare the counter clerk dead in the eyes with your best 'You have got to be kidding me' icy gaze. (The correct answer is (and this means what to you? How is that question of the slightest relevance?)). You don't know what is in the package and you are not responsible for it. You only know what you ordered.- and of course have proof to that effect.
And BTW, until you have opened the package and verified the contents as correct, it technically still belongs to and is the responsibility of the supplier. If you don't verify the shipment is correct within the mandatory allotted time frame you just switched from 'customer' to 'victim'.
And while this true, again the ones who asked me were just curious rather than attempting a "gotcha" moment. Easier (and less suspicious) to smile and lie than to make a big deal out it by telling them it's none of their business.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
@SonsofArachne It wasn't directed at you but everyone. Such a simple, trivial, innocent question. "What's in the..." . First and foremost, you don't know. You know what you ordered, but you have no way of knowing anything about the package. Secondly, it's absolutely none of anyone's business, except law enforcement agencies, and that question is most often attached to fishing for probable cause. And again, none of their business unless they already know or suspect what is in it in which case it may be entrapment, possibly a sting operation, and they are trying to associate a person with a criminal act. Thirdly, examine the question. It's no different than being asked what is in your closet, the trunk of your vehicle, your pockets, or in the trash can in front of your house. It's an invasion of privacy, plain and simple, and does not merit a reply.

Personally, when I have been asked that question, I have one of two stock replies, 'What's it to you?' or if my warys have been triggered I smile and offer, 'Go <edit> yourself and the horse you rode in on.'.

Last edited by a moderator: