heelp :( i think my rosea is bleeding.

XxlashxX

Arachnopeon
hey im kinda new to the hobby (nearly a year) i own 4 t's at the mo but i got home fromwork and found a clear liquid (hemo?) on the underside of my t's carapace in drips. i would pinch grab to show a better look but im allergic to wasp stings so i dont wanna risk it, and i cannot see a physical wound. ill post pics can some one help. thanks.

p.s shes moving alot less. and there is nothing she can cut herself on (rocks or decorations just substrate and a cork hide.

Attachments

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My G.Rosea does that too, I think its just drool, or venom or something.

If its clear you dont have much to worry about from what I've heard as T hemo is a whiteish colour.

But wait to hear from the grizzled ancients before you take my word on it.

Kirsten

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm no grizzled ancient;), but I know they do this when cleaning out their mouth parts. Nothing to worry about when coming from there.

kenzie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It's definitely a nerve racking thing to see something you've never seen with your Ts but it looks very normal to me. No worries!

xxJagerbombeRxx

Arachnopeon
Thank goodness!

My Rosea just started to do this today. I thought it was its blood, thank you for such a great forum for us newbies to reference to and thanks to everyone sharing their experience and advice.
I drool sometimes too but, damn its a lot.
How often and how long does this "habit" last? Thanks in advance.

:confused:

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My Rosea just started to do this today. I thought it was its blood, thank you for such a great forum for us newbies to reference to and thanks to everyone sharing their experience and advice.
I drool sometimes too but, damn its a lot.
How often and how long does this "habit" last? Thanks in advance.

:confused:
T's are very, very cleanly creatures and if your patient you can catch them taking each leg, multiple times, and "catching" them under their fangs while almost "sucking" as they move down each part of the leg.

They'll do this over and over until, well, they feel they are clean enough or interrupted. It's not a habit but a ritual of sorts and I find all mine doing it shortly after a meal as well during off-feeding days.

The drop of liquid, in my experience, is at the end of the session and they drool out more saliva as if to flush or wash their, now dirty from cleaning legs and body, mouth. They continue to do this and I've seen my Avic drop up to 3-4 drops over a session.

Think of it as using licking yourself to clean then spitting out what's left over once your done. :)

Wachusaynoob

Arachnosquire
:drool:

I just went to my LPS and picked up a Rosea that May possibly be a burrower. When I got it home I did my normal yay New T! time to hold it for the one and only time! And as it's sitting on my arm (And i've been pooped on by many T's..I think it's a sign of love haha) but this Clear liquid starts streaming down my arm. It diddnt come from the abdomen- but it's mouth parts.

I Figure its the same liquid the OP was talking about. Thought it was pretty neat lol

Has anyone ever actually beed drooled on before? haha.

:}:drool::barf:{D

groovyspider

Arachnoknight
another possibility the water maybe it walked over the water bowl and a little grabbed some of the hair

Wachusaynoob

Arachnosquire
another possibility the water maybe it walked over the water bowl and a little grabbed some of the hair
Cant be that it had been in a transport container for a good hour after leaving the petstore. And the liquid did NOT come from the abdomen..weird.

webbedone

Arachnobaron
Its drool for sure besides T's are almost water resistant i mean you even have to soak their shed molts with soap water just to get them to soften up other than that water just beads right off of them.

Wachusaynoob

Arachnosquire
The other day my avic shot poop at me and hit me thankfully in the chest and not face, but drool? really? :? I wish i was smart enough to determine if the drool is or isnt infact, venom?

Maybee next time i'll lick it.:barf:

Arachnos482

Arachnosquire
"Grammostola rosea are usually skittish, running away from danger rather than acting defensively, but they may also raise their front legs and present their fangs in preparation to defend themselves. Before biting or releasing hairs, they will "Musk" the assailant with a mix of urine, feces, and other fluids. This is a foul-smelling mixture. The fluid is ejected from the hind of the spider." As per direct from wiki... Did the fluid smell smelly?

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
"Grammostola rosea are usually skittish, running away from danger rather than acting defensively, but they may also raise their front legs and present their fangs in preparation to defend themselves. Before biting or releasing hairs, they will "Musk" the assailant with a mix of urine, feces, and other fluids. This is a foul-smelling mixture. The fluid is ejected from the hind of the spider." As per direct from wiki... Did the fluid smell smelly?
I gotta say, that's a new one on me. I've interacted with quite a number of roseas, and I've never seen anything close to what's described in that Wiki entry. Even pretty grumpy individuals never "musked" me before kicking. That article is the only place I've ever read this "fact".

I tend not to trust Wikipedia alone when it comes to research. I've seen too many errors in too many pages in the past. I suppose that's what comes with allowing anyone to edit an entry :).

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I gotta say, that's a new one on me. I've interacted with quite a number of roseas, and I've never seen anything close to what's described in that Wiki entry. Even pretty grumpy individuals never "musked" me before kicking. That article is the only place I've ever read this "fact".

I tend not to trust Wikipedia alone when it comes to research. I've seen too many errors in too many pages in the past. I suppose that's what comes with allowing anyone to edit an entry :).
I agree wiki is a poor source for information. There have been a few mistakes i have been shown on wiki pertaining to tarantulas. When there is a myth, rumour or even complete misinformation it easily gets put in as a fact. This is the only place i have heard that sort of thing. Not to mention i have never heard of that happening to anyone in the hobby. At best you might get pooped on.