heebiejeebies!

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Its no secret that I like T's but house spiders give me the willies/heebiejebbies/icky"all-overs"...(its the 'no hair'"not cute and fuzzy thing")........
Well, there was a huge spider on the ceiling..(note, it was sling size)...
I made my boyfriend get it, and I swear it sent out a signal and called the calvary......I am sitting here in the dark in front of the computer, doing homework...and I felt something on my arm...another SPIDER.........yikes, *scream*....then,, one ran across the desk right in front of the monitor, and almost instantly one appeared between the letter 'e' and the letter 'r' on my keyboard...
Its a STINKIN INVASION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, I assume that somewhere an eggsac of housespiders mustve hatched...either that, or the darn things are hungry and want me to let loose some crickets...and they have come to demand it!
Any clue on how to get rid of them (ALL!) and NOT do damage to my T's? ....nah, just kidding, I know better...but if someone would like to come over and exterminate them for me, I will supply a flyswatter, a big shoe, papertowels....

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Chicken,
I go to bed every nite hoping to get awaken by a big house spider walking on me. LOL
I'm keeping two now, they're neat.;P

Ernie

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
They're just cousins

I always take my "house" spiders outside. I do it at friends and family's houses, too - they think I'm freakin nutz. Oh well, they don't know what we know. Black widow's are the only ones I kill....I hate to admit, but I do. They're just too venomous to risk.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by rapunzel
AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Its no secret that I like T's but house spiders give me the willies/heebiejebbies/icky"all-overs"...(its the 'no hair'"not cute and fuzzy thing")........
Well, there was a huge spider on the ceiling..(note, it was sling size)...
I made my boyfriend get it, and I swear it sent out a signal and called the calvary......I am sitting here in the dark in front of the computer, doing homework...and I felt something on my arm...another SPIDER.........yikes, *scream*....then,, one ran across the desk right in front of the monitor, and almost instantly one appeared between the letter 'e' and the letter 'r' on my keyboard...
Its a STINKIN INVASION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, I assume that somewhere an eggsac of housespiders mustve hatched...either that, or the darn things are hungry and want me to let loose some crickets...and they have come to demand it!
Any clue on how to get rid of them (ALL!) and NOT do damage to my T's? ....nah, just kidding, I know better...but if someone would like to come over and exterminate them for me, I will supply a flyswatter, a big shoe, papertowels....
I think they just know you're deathly afraid of them rapunzel. ;)

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Put them in jars and ship them to my mother in law?
Heh....

LunarFaery

ArachnoDiva
Old Timer
Hey Nixy....weve got black widows all over the place Let me know LOL I used to put my house spiders out until one bite me. Here we call em wolf spiders. Little black spiders with white spots. They are MEAN....so Im not so kind anymore. One ruined the fun for everyone

Whammy_Sosa

Arachnopeon
I like house spiders. I let them be. Theres 2 currently residing in my room. A little tiny one in a tiny web in the corner, and a large one that just roams the walls. I see him every few days. Theres irony there somewhere though, keeping big tarantulas as pets while being irked by house spiders. What sucks is when I go to inspect a spider on the wall, and they freak out and jump, and you dont know if they jumped on you or the floor or what. Now that sucks.

Note, I dont have a spider infestation, I just see them here and there.

alidpayne

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just caught a little jumping spider for my husband today. He found one a few days ago, and accedentally squished it. So when I saw this one I got him in a deli cup. My hubby plans to keep him, he's a nut.

Anyone know what to feed him? Mr. T? you said you are keeping house spiders. do you know? Will pin heads do?

Ali

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I found this one in my living room about 8 months ago. Its tripled in size since I started feeding it. Its butt is the size of a dime..
I love it..

Ernie

Attachments

BigSam

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Damn,
You guyz are making fun of rapunzel like she's stupid or something. I know you guyz are afraid of something, why is it different when rapunzel is afraid of spiders. You guyz wouldn't like it if I made fun of you about something you were afriad of. Leave rapunzel alone, you guyz are afriad of something as well, so whats the difference.

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
BigSam,
Chill dude, we all love Kim.. If anything, we're just having a little fun, and she knows it.
But I think its cool your sticking up for her.

Your pal,
Ernie

Paladin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hey just feed jumpng spiders flies...anything thats smaller than it and soft...moths work to.

i tried to keep two of em in the same tank...that didnt work out lol

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
I don't really care for the "non-tarantula" type of spiders either. I don't bother them though. Since I've moved into this apartment a month ago I've seen these little yellowish/clearish spiders all over the place. On the walls, the ceiling, on my desk hutch, and in the hallway outside my apartment. They're everywhere, I usually see about 3 a day.
I should probably try to find out what kind they are. Maybe I'll post a pic and you all can help? ;)

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I just capture the house spiders and bring them outside. If it is winter time, then I bring them down to the basement and release them there.

luther

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My Italian lodger brought me a tiny spider he found in our garden yesterday. I've not seen this kind before. I'm in the UK.

The spider is about 1cm (or a little less) legspan and of the wolf spider body type. It has crimson legs and a black body. I put it in a jam jar and it webbed the base straight away. It's my new pet. Anyone wanna make a guess at the species? I'll try to take a good photo of it over the weekend.

I used to really dislike house spiders but the whole T thing has made me look again at them. I'm on the look out for a nice, fat garden spider now.

Incidentaly, I took an unwanted black cricket out of my G.rosea's tank about a week ago and threw it out of the back door. Yesterday my daughter found it out the front of our house. It looked very healthy. I'm suprised that they can survive a week of UK spring temperatures. I'll not throw any more outside. I don't want to introduce an alien pest to the UK!

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
........little yellowish/clearish spiders...............
I have a few of those little guys right now.
They come in on rainy days, infact it is raining right now.
There's one here above the desk and another in the bathroom,
both are on the cieling.
As for their name, I have no clue.
Every time I try to get one, I accidently squish it :eek:
so I'm going to leave them alone. They leave when it dries up
out side.:D

Maggie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Wellllll. House spiders do still creep me out a little but i am noticing a decline on that. My youngest and i usually just catch them and as lam said, put them outside or down in the basement in colder weather.
My older girl still insists "kill it" and looks at us as though we have grown another eye when i say " get a deli cup".
:rolleyes:
One night before my 10 year olds shower, i didnt hear any water running for like 20 minutes, i went in there to find her determinedly trying to usher one into a container.:D She has done that on other occasions too but this one was particularily stubborn.
Nope. I wont make fun of being scared. Been there too often!

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
ERNIE,

Originally posted by MrT
I found this one in my living room about 8 months ago. Its tripled in size since I started feeding it. Its butt is the size of a dime..
I love it..

Ernie
that is honestly the most disgusting thing I have seen in awhile..
you must be proud!
Nothing like a creepy hairless thing grossing me out before I have had my morning coffee!

BigSam:

Thank you for defending me against these bullies! They are just feignin for some big butt pictures and havin a little fun...if they were strangers I would have taken offense, but Ernie and the gang are as harmless as my T's...Besides,Ernie is allowed to call me chicken cuz I changed his name to Ed a while back, he owed me one...

As for the rest of you all:
I have plenty here for you to put in deli cups, basements, above your bed (they REALLY like to hang out there)...come on over, and get em! Hey..I won't even charge ya...;P In fact, I need someone to go through my hair, please. There is probably a dozen hanging out in there, having a meeting, because last nights creepy things are gone, and I just know that THEY know if they move into my hair I will never find them.....

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
here ya go...

Originally posted by LPacker79
I don't really care for the "non-tarantula" type of spiders either. I don't bother them though. Since I've moved into this apartment a month ago I've seen these little yellowish/clearish spiders all over the place. On the walls, the ceiling, on my desk hutch, and in the hallway outside my apartment. They're everywhere, I usually see about 3 a day.
I should probably try to find out what kind they are. Maybe I'll post a pic and you all can help? ;)

go to this site, scroll down to page 120 Chapter 13...and I bet your invaders are the same as my invaders....

http://www.pested.msu.edu/BullSlideNews/bulletins/pdf/2048/E-2048Spiders.pdf

Last edited: