Heavy webber annoyance...

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I love my heavy webbers, I really do. Heck, I love anything a tarantula builds on it's own, a web retreat or a burrow, whatever. But I am now suddenly realizing it can very well be an annoyance or an inconvenience. My female A. versicolor molted and I can't tell if it was completely successful and if she's alright through all the web and she didn't move when I moved the container which is....abnormal for her...

I hope she's ok...I didn't even realize she was in premolt...hah.

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just saw my OBT for the first time in a month and a half. It was BIG. Its also orange now, which when I saw it last it had a lot of black still on it. I never see it because it's a sissy and has huge amount of webbing. It thinks its a GBB. :)

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Clean enclosure once or twice a year. I know, you ruin the spiders masterpiece, but it can always make some more. Last time my A. versicolor made lots of web too and I didn't see if she's ok when she's molted, but after she did she luckly turned on the other side of the tube and I was able to get her molt and see that she was allright once she came out after few days. Remember, if you stress yourself you most likely stress spider as well. :)

And if you think A. versi's web so much, take a look at Chromatopelma cyanopubescens.....My friend said that he cleans twice a year her enclosure and she webs WHOLE enclosure in 2-3 weeks! Now that must be something. :D

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just saw my OBT for the first time in a month and a half. It was BIG. Its also orange now, which when I saw it last it had a lot of black still on it. I never see it because it's a sissy and has huge amount of webbing. It thinks its a GBB. :)
Bolded a few things and also a sugguestion.. Stick your finger down in that webbing and let it show you how much of a sissy it is, lol :D

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Bolded a few things and also a sugguestion.. Stick your finger down in that webbing and let it show you how much of a sissy it is, lol :D
Oh that spider cowers in fear! It knows whos boss. :)

Really though, it's a shame I don't see it more often. Beautiful T. Last night was a sweet suprise. It was running around its whole cage SO spastically. It was running so fast, back and forth, and I have no idea why. I didn't do anything to it (feeding, watering/etc). It was just a spaz. Gotta love ther personality on them!