Heavy premolt or just a lot of hair flicking

Juwel

Arachnopeon
Brought this girl last week ( approx 6cm ) was surprised to see how bald she is for shipping. I immediately thought premolt but surely seller would have waited ?
Could it just be lots of hair flicking ?
Not seen her since Thursday 20210618_112941.jpg

Emi248

Arachnoknight
Can we get like a shot at the back instead of top view? So its kinda easier

Juwel

Arachnopeon
Can we get like a shot at the back instead of top view? So its kinda easier
Sorry no, this pic was taken on Thursday. Undoing. Been burrowed since. And I don't want to disturb in case she is in premolt. I was just shocked at hoe bald she is but given position, it could just as easily be manic hair flicking. Thought I'd get an opinion from you guys before I drop any food in

Sorry no, this pic was taken on Thursday. Undoing. Been burrowed since. And I don't want to disturb in case she is in premolt. I was just shocked at hoe bald she is but given position, it could just as easily be manic hair flicking. Thought I'd get an opinion from you guys before I drop any food in
* unboxing

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
What species is it? It could certainly be hair flicking due to stress of shipping and or flicking due to premolt, or premolt, and just flicking to flick and be defensive from hhow ever is was kept before, and or any and all of thhem together. If you have since housed it and it has burrowed then maybe it will molt soon, either way it shouldnt change much at all about what you should do to care for it now, just provide a water dish with water at all all times, and you can leave prekilled prey at the mouth of the burrow if its not sealed off, and if it is sealed then there's no point cause it may be getting ready to molt.

Neonblizzard

Arachnomoron
If she's sealed up her burrow (much easier for her to do if you took my advice from your other post) then definitely don't drop any food in, Just make sure water is available.

Did she eat last time you fed her? Best thing to do is if her burrow is open, drop a prey item in, take it out after a day if uneaten. Usually before molting they will go off their food, but not always.

Juwel

Arachnopeon
What species is it? It could certainly be hair flicking due to stress of shipping and or flicking due to premolt, or premolt, and just flicking to flick and be defensive from hhow ever is was kept before, and or any and all of thhem together. If you have since housed it and it has burrowed then maybe it will molt soon, either way it shouldnt change much at all about what you should do to care for it now, just provide a water dish with water at all all times, and you can leave prekilled prey at the mouth of the burrow if its not sealed off, and if it is sealed then there's no point cause it may be getting ready to molt.
Nhandu chromatus or Brazilian Red and white. I just refilled water and burrow entrance is completely sealed off, like you would think I have a box of pet dirt. So I'm going to go with molt and hold off on food. Thx

8 legged

Arachnoprince
In Nhandus, the fact that they refuse to feed is a good indicator of imminent molting. Unfortunately, the photo is not very informative, but either way it is right to give her the peace and quiet that she obviously demands! Wait and let yourself be surprised.

Juwel

Arachnopeon
In Nhandus, the fact that they refuse to feed is a good indicator of imminent molting. Unfortunately, the photo is not very informative, but either way it is right to give her the peace and quiet that she obviously demands! Wait and let yourself be surprised.
Thank you

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Nhandu chromatus or Brazilian Red and white. I just refilled water and burrow entrance is completely sealed off, like you would think I have a box of pet dirt. So I'm going to go with molt and hold off on food. Thx
Stick with just the latin names, common names arent widely used here and arent that helpful, common names are commonly wrong.

And yup if its sealed off its looking that way. Be patient and itll come out, likely not before its ready, and with a new slighly bigger suit! Enjoy! And you are welcome!

Juwel

Arachnopeon
Stick with just the latin names, common names arent widely used here and arent that helpful, common names are commonly wrong.

And yup if its sealed off its looking that way. Be patient and itll come out, likely not before its ready, and with a new slighly bigger suit! Enjoy! And you are welcome!
Ha, thx on names, I'm still teaching myself the Latin names lol. Watched too many YouTube unboxings where people can't pronounce names and even look them up, that's why I used both lol

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Ha, thx on names, I'm still teaching myself the Latin names lol. Watched too many YouTube unboxings where people can't pronounce names and even look them up, that's why I used both lol
Ohh yeah dont get me started on people butchering pronunciations of latin names lol. But yeah here on AB we always use thhe latin names! So good job starting to teach yourself them! and using the latin names will help you search the information on species you need to find!

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
I'm going to take better pics in future 😄. . I take pic then stick on their enclosures with name. But yup, concensus says pop 😄
I think the first pic is a little dark, but it seemed pretty obvious her butt is darkening. The behavior just confirmed it.

I hope you share a pic when she does! N chromatus are just stunning spiders.

Juwel

Arachnopeon
I think the first pic is a little dark, but it seemed pretty obvious her butt is darkening. The behavior just confirmed it.

I hope you share a pic when she does! N chromatus are just stunning spiders.
I'll come back to this post with pic when she reappears. So excited now lol

Sambro

Arachnosquire
My Nhandu Chromatus usually buried herself but she does seal up her self-made entrance with webbing. That's a good indication that she's telling me to stop dropping food in and to leave her by while she does her thing. The last time she sealed up, she took around 2 weeks before molting. So keep that in mind that he/she might be getting ready to molt now. As others said, you'll be fine with just leaving it be and checking on it every few days.

Here's some further reading material to keep your knowledge topped up!

Juwel

Arachnopeon
My Nhandu Chromatus usually buried herself but she does seal up her self-made entrance with webbing. That's a good indication that she's telling me to stop dropping food in and to leave her by while she does her thing. The last time she sealed up, she took around 2 weeks before molting. So keep that in mind that he/she might be getting ready to molt now. As others said, you'll be fine with just leaving it be and checking on it every few days.

Here's some further reading material to keep your knowledge topped up!

Thank you 💞