Heatmats

dayredfern

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
right, i just upgraded my heatmats to two very big ones, now i not sure wheather i should put it on th eback of the tanks or underneath???

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
right, i just upgraded my heatmats to two very big ones
What exactly does this mean? :? If it means you got a bigger heatmat for an enclosure than you had before, just be sure it doesn't cover more than maybe a third of the side, and doesn't get too hot.

Unless the room is below 65F you don't need heatmats anyway. :)

rYe

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah I keep mine all in my bedroom and run a space heater if it gets to chilly in the room.

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Two large heat pads on one habitat? That sounds a tad dangerous to the invert. One properly sized heat pad is the rule of thumb. Inverts are many times smaller than us.

lta3398

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have never used heat mats. I keep the AC vents in the "spider room" closed off, because I live in South Florida and my husband keeps the AC cold. If you live in a cold climate, space heaters are said to work just fine! Heat mats can be dangerous if not used VERY carefully, that's all!

dayredfern

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
no!, right i used to have like 8 little heatmats on all my tanks and thought it would be more cost effective if i got 2 big ones and share the heat! and i wanted to know if i should put it behind the tanks or underneath them all