Heating for Emp

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How big will the terrarium be? I read a few mixed reviews on it. It has worked great for those who don't use any substrate and for those who place it on the bottom for their critters (which shouldn't be done for scorpions), but for others it barely raises the temperature. I use a heat lamp with an infrared heat bulb because I can easily feel the heat with my hands and know that it's working. I haven't had any bad experiences with heat lamps/bulbs, so I've stuck with them. The red lighting also allows me to see my pets at night, so that's a plus. You can also go the cheap route and get some kind of reflector dome with a heat emitting bulb from department stores.

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire
How big will the terrarium be? I read a few mixed reviews on it. It has worked great for those who don't use any substrate and for those who place it on the bottom for their critters (which shouldn't be done for scorpions), but for others it barely raises the temperature. I use a heat lamp with an infrared heat bulb because I can easily feel the heat with my hands and know that it's working. I haven't had any bad experiences with heat lamps/bulbs, so I've stuck with them. The red lighting also allows me to see my pets at night, so that's a plus. You can also go the cheap route and get some kind of reflector dome with a heat emitting bulb from department stores.
agreed the heat mats dont do much I use a heat emitter {ceramic} in a dome and it works great.