Heating enclosures with heating panels.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
After some research I have decided to order one of this heating panels.

They are a bit pricey, but promissing.

Ill let you know how everything works out as soon as I receive them.
So far it will be in my large Theraphosa blondi enclosure.

psykoink

Arachnopeon
After some research I have decided to order one of this heating panels.

They are a bit pricey, but promissing.

Ill let you know how everything works out as soon as I receive them.
So far it will be in my large Theraphosa blondi enclosure.
I saw your thread on these panels and can tell you first hand they are fantastic. However, you should call the people from www.pro-products.com. They can properly size the panels for your personal application. I have only used pro-products heat panels and misting systems and I would swear by them any day. They are great people and their prices arent too bad either. I have never used them for T's, but have used tons of them when I was breeding chondros and emerald tree boas. I am considering using their misting system again, but this time for the T's. The nozzles produce such a fine mist that the T's wont freak out like they do when the get sprayed with a sprayer. The pump is ultra quiet and when hooked up to a timer you can set it for whenever you want it to work. Good luck. I have a lot of experience with their products so any questions feel free to ask.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, to each its own.

I dont mind to go the extra mile for certain species. Being Theraphosa my favorite, and trying to breed them, is not a waste of money. :)
While others spend in gaming,beers or tunning up a car, I dont care for those things.
The sentence "dont they do fine at room temp" is as accurate as the pope talking Physics.

Psykoink:

Thanks a lot for your recomendation! Have you seen the camera?
I will write them to see what would be the best option for me and the Theraphosas. Its great that they "customize" the panels for you!
Thanks!

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Use to have some radiant heat panels for my Morelia viridis (Green tree pythons) worked great, I just do not know how well it will work for the T's. Good luck though they are worth the money you put into them.

psykoink

Arachnopeon
Well, to each its own.

I dont mind to go the extra mile for certain species. Being Theraphosa my favorite, and trying to breed them, is not a waste of money. :)
While others spend in gaming,beers or tunning up a car, I dont care for those things.
The sentence "dont they do fine at room temp" is as accurate as the pope talking Physics.

Psykoink:

I will write them to see what would be the best option for me and the Theraphosas. Its great that they "customize" the panels for you!
Thanks!
Fran,

Your most welcome. I have never personally used the camera, but I do attend a lot of reptile shows both in New York and Pennsylvania and have seen it first hand. Its great if you are trying to confirm a mating or strange nocturnal behavior without staring at the enclosure all night with a flashlight (lol, dont tell me you havent done that). I think pro-products will be at the next White Plains Reptile Show in Westchester NY. The date is September 12.
When you speak with them at pro-products they will ask things like enclosure size, species of animal your using it for, stuff like that. My only recommendation is some type of a reostat to control temperature of the panels. I use Helix Controls DBS-1000 and have been for just about 20 years. Totally dependable. (If the probe fails you can replace just the probe, and if the unit fails it fails at the temperature set at and doesnt shut it down or sky rocket the temps) They sell heat panels too, but I prefer the pro-products ones.

I dont mind spending the extra money when it comes to the peace of mind knowing that all my animals have the security of consistant heat and failsafe operation. For what I spent on buying my animals its not worth putting their well being in the hands of chance.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey psykoink,

I know those Helix products, really reliable. My brother used to have them to control the temps in his T room.
As you said, they are worth every penny you pay for them. :)

PS: Yes...many nights observing the tarantulas trying not to disturbing with the lights...And not being able to see crap {D

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well, to each its own.

I totally agree with you, it was a cool thing that your putting effort on successfully producing those giants :). I seen people trying to breed them in a 10 gallon tank with only 3" substrate and a small pot lol. this Ts really needs big space and hide for them to be able to drop a sac. I also custom design my cages for my ts when I'm breeding them for a high rate of success. Good luck on your project, I really hope that you successfully produce a sac.

MissChelly

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well, to each its own.

Psykoink:

Thanks!
Kudos! That's a great way to put it. Those who spend their money on pricey video games, fixing up cars, going out to the bar a lot, etc etc- that's where their money goes. Yours goes to your hobby. If anything, yours is probably a less pricey route! LOL.

robd

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm definitely interested in seeing if things work out. You should keep us updated for sure, Fran. I myself use an oil filled radiator.I use it to keep the T room between 82-87 degrees, it's nice.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks for your kind words,

About if is dangerous, these panels are specially designed to be mounted inside the lid, on very humid conditions. They emit heat while not being hot enough to burn you on contact.
Anyway, Im not mounting it on the inside but on the outside of the lid, giving it some milimeters to the surface of the lidd to avoid contact.

Afer reading and talking to the people who designed them, the one Im getting (40W ), in a 75F Room (Exactly How we keep it) at 18"+ of the substrate, the inside of my particular tank will be around 85F.

Ill update this as soon as I get it. Should be tomorrow.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Also, I just bought a micro camera...This will look nice for a documentary.

BCscorp

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Are you going to be placing the camera in one spot or attaching it to something (piece of wood dowling) to look around?
And your neighbours may pick up your wireless camera signal...lol. That'd be funny.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Are you going to be placing the camera in one spot or attaching it to something (piece of wood dowling) to look around?
And your neighbours may pick up your wireless camera signal...lol. That'd be funny.
Heh true :D
I once picked up a nice signal, from my neighbours... I was 13 and I was like :eek:

You figure out what it was :D {D
Im thinking about putting it inside the burrow and how the heck am I gonna do that....

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Flex watt heat tape is a great product. You could heat any size enclosure you build with it. Paul becker has uses this in his homemade incubators or climate control boxes. I take this and put it on the back wall of a shelf then put styrofoam over the heat source so theres no direct heat on the deli cups. Then covered the whole front of the shelf with a plexi door.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRdwPlqn0Zg

You can find it on Ebay at "incubatorwarehouse" thats where i got mine.