heating cages.

K-TRAIN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i was looking for ways to heat cages that are plastic, for breeding/ saving space. and i started thinking about the "heat cable" put out by zoomed for rack systems. has anyone tried it on plastic cages, like shoeboxes, etc?

ScorpDemon

ArachnoScorpion
Old Timer
I don't see why it wouldn't work. A friend of mine uses heat tape on a rack with plastic tubs. It shouldn't be much different.

Chris

K-TRAIN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
thanks. im thinking of trying it for my ball python and the geckos im going to buy, instead of getting rack systems or glass tanks.

markface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i use that same heat cable on my hatchling rack for my snakes . it's set up for back heat with lots of plastic shoe boxes against it with never a problem . you will want to use a good thermostat with it though as it will get warmer than you will need for either ball pythons or geckos .

K-TRAIN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i use that same heat cable on my hatchling rack for my snakes . it's set up for back heat with lots of plastic shoe boxes against it with never a problem . you will want to use a good thermostat with it though as it will get warmer than you will need for either ball pythons or geckos .
how hot will it get exactly? too hot for the ball python?
the geckos im getting are leos so im guessing that if it keeps it less the 95 they'll be fine. i was told before they can be kept between 80-100 degrees, but i kept my last ones at 85-90 degrees, depending on the temperature outside.