Heat

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
can someone tell me why my my B vagans, costa rican tiger rump, and my curly hair always go to the top of their enclosures when i raise the heat in my walk in closet?...

once i turn the heat off at night they go back to the ground...I find this odd..is it normal for them to do?

none of my other T's do this and they also are in regular tanks..

does the heat make the substrate hot in these tanks or something?:? :?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
WHen the heat is raised the tarantulas become more active thus wanna explore more. I believe that explains it. It happens when I raise the temps, but then I read that your other Ts dont do it, hm.... what species are your other Ts?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I agree, Most of the time when I raise the heat all of my Ts move closer to the heat source. And when its turned off then resume regular activities. There is nothing wrong though, just keep water available.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
WHen the heat is raised the tarantulas become more active thus wanna explore more. I believe that explains it. It happens when I raise the temps, but then I read that your other Ts dont do it, hm.... what species are your other Ts?
my other T's are Haitian brown, two h gigas (one is in the molting process), one is always in its burrow. two slings. and two versi colors that stay in their homemade hides..and my obt that stays up near the top in real warm heat or just regular heat.

but the heat source isnt comin from the top..its coming from the side...

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I think its because the Ts that don't go out are normally content in their hides. They are Ts that aren't visible very often. THe other Ts are outside more often, they don't hide as much. YOu see what I am getting at? As for the ones that do wonder around, I don't think they are actually going towards the hear source, they may just be wondering in search of food or just exploring?