Heat wave

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thank you so much for the replies everyone. It's been freaking rough here!

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My tarantula room is always hot at times is kept up to 90 degrees. My Megaphobema mesomelas is also in these temperatures. I don't cool the tarantula down unless outside cools down. Air conditioning is only on in the other parts of the apartment. Tarantula room vent is closed no cool air gets in my tarantula room.
To be honest with you I haven't paid to much attention how hot it has gotten.

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
IMG_6018.JPG Is 10:05 right now and the temperature in my tarantula room i a little bit above 80 degrees. As I've stated before my mesomelas lives in these conditions.

Avic52300

Arachnopeon
As a lot of you know I live in Las Vegas aka The mouth of hell. This last week was a pretty scary one for me. The first day of the heat wave was 113 and our air conditioner broke in the morning.

As it tends to happen here so did a lot of other people's. So that ment no one was coming to fix it soon. That put me in panic mode over my T room and my macaw. Luckily I'm a pretty handy person. So off to lowes and Walmart I went.

I made two DIY air conditioners from foam coolers and a fan. And thank god I did. It got to be 96 degrees in my house and 3 days of it. I got the T room temp down too 89 at least. And my macaw at least had some cool air going into her enclosure. They are not in the same room. The tarantulas freak my bird out.

Here's the worst part I have 1 P.met sitting on a sac through this fiasco. And three more gravid females that are pretty touchy about how and when they will be comfy dropping a sac. One being a gravid P.met. She's a bit less touchy than my other female but still the worry is there.

On day 3 at 8pm the air was finally back on. And no losses thankfully. So if anyone experiences air conditioning malfunction. Make an air conditioner!!! It will save the day!!
Finally, someone else from vegas!!!!!! Haha

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Finally, someone else from vegas!!!!!! Haha
Hello there welcome to AB . From my experience Ts just don’t do well when it’s that hot. I keep my t room at about 78-82 which seems to be the optimal temps for them. When my t room went above 90 I lost a sac and most of my diversities. And a few other slings by the time my air conditioner was fixed.

Nice to know there’s another t keeper in Vegas :D