Heat pad on a Kk

Shea

Arachnosquire
So I'm new to the hobby and I got my first T (B smithi) about a week ago and he/she is doin great except It get really cold in my house (about 62 degrees F.) so I bought an "exo-therm" heating pat and put it on the side but it only increases the temp to about 65. So I know if I bought a medium kritter keeper and put the heating pad on it it will warm it up pretty good and I've heard that ppl do this alot so I just wanna see if anyone had exerience with that heat pad and a kritter keeper

Ps I want to upload pics but sadly my computer isn't working so I'm on my iPod

EndlessForms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So I'm new to the hobby and I got my first T (B smithi) about a week ago and he/she is doin great except It get really cold in my house (about 62 degrees F.) so I bought an "exo-therm" heating pat and put it on the side but it only increases the temp to about 65. So I know if I bought a medium kritter keeper and put the heating pad on it it will warm it up pretty good and I've heard that ppl do this alot so I just wanna see if anyone had exerience with that heat pad and a kritter keeper

Ps I want to upload pics but sadly my computer isn't working so I'm on my iPod
every morining i wake up and my house is 65 degrees...kinda cold for me and my T's and other tropical\subtropical pets....so i use a space heater in my room which raises the overall temp [75-80F] . i would recommend this if your using kind of a small room and have more than just the one T. and if it is your only one, i would say go ahead and get the space heater for when you get more T's...and you WILL get more ;) ..i have no experience with heat pads on critter keepers [but there is a warning on most heatpads that so don't put it on plastic...] hope this helps

Shea

Arachnosquire
every morining i wake up and my house is 65 degrees...kinda cold for me and my T's and other tropical\subtropical pets....so i use a space heater in my room which raises the overall temp [75-80F] . i would recommend this if your using kind of a small room and have more than just the one T. and if it is your only one, i would say go ahead and get the space heater for when you get more T's...and you WILL get more ;) ..i have no experience with heat pads on critter keepers [but there is a warning on most heatpads that so don't put it on plastic...] hope this helps
Yes actually does help! By I do have a space heater and I am currently using it but I'm not the only one who uses it so the day that I don't I fear that it will be too cold for my lil guy
Oh and yea I agree this won't be my last T

Suidakkra

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Reason many frown upon heat pads is because they cause heat spots to build on the enclosure, which leads to many T deaths. If you must use the heat pad, try to attach it to a wall, or something similar near the enclosure, so the heat radiates to the enclosure instead of being in direct contact with the enclosure itself.

There are many post on this forum that deal with the heat pad topic. You should search for them, many have a good bit of information.

And I agree with arachnophile223, you will eventually get another T, they are like potato chips, just cant have one, lol. So it would be better for you and your T, to purchase a space heater just for the room you keep your T in. Its a lot more safer for the T and any other T you may acquire in the future.

Good luck.

Tindalos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
As everyone is saying space heater. Unless your trying speed up growth rate, 65 is fine for most species of tarantulas I had several T's survive a cold two weeks of 50's temp while I was on vacation. But these were species that could tolerate it.