Heat mat for Lasiorora parahybana?

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
Don't put a heat mat under there. I works for desert reptile because the ground radiates heat in their natural environment (sand and rocks absorb heat from the sun and radiate it, like asphalt does). It's confusing and deadly to T's because in their natural environment, heat comes from above (the sun) and the ground is cold. When T's want to get out of the heat, they burrow, because they instinctually think that it is cooler underground. If you put a heat mat under it, it's actually going to get hotter the further down they go.

As others have said, a space heater would be better. If you're really concerned about the wasted energy, or you can't use a space heater, a side heater would be better. They're similar to an under tank heater, they just have adhesive on one side so you can stick it to the side of the tank. I have a couple on the sides of my dubia roach colony, because they can't climb the sides. Be aware though, when those heaters are on, they heat the glass up to about 90F. I'm not sure how hot a surface has to be to be too hot for T's, but it might be bad if your LP walked on that wall.
he can attack the heater to Plexiglas and then place against the wall if needed. Also, if this is the only option, remember to place it on the opposite side and HIGH from the hide. That way, the T can move into the hide and down to escape the heat