Heat cable

hennibbale

Arachnosquire
So, I'm probably gonna use a heat cable this winter. I've got a 2 m long 15w cable.

I have 2 exo-terra big faunariums and 1 mini one.

How could I dispose it?

Please don't tell me "it's not needed". Right now it's 16°C, and we're 3 weeks into September.

Introvertebrate

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
You mean, how should you distribute the cable? Tape it in a zig-zag pattern along one wall, ensuring that it never overlaps. If you tape the cable to the right inner wall of your cabinet, it would provide a heat gradient for those two larger faunariums right next to it. Your Ts could then move closer to the wall, or further from it, in order to regulate their own temperature.

hennibbale

Arachnosquire
You mean, how should you distribute the cable? Tape it in a zig-zag pattern along one wall, ensuring that it never overlaps. If you tape the cable to the right inner wall of your cabinet, it would provide a heat gradient for those two larger faunariums right next to it. Your Ts could then move closer to the wall, or further from it, in order to regulate their own temperature.
Yeah, that's what I thought.
Maybe on the left wall? The one far from the enclosures so it's not too hot?

clive 82

Arachnoknight
Probably better to heat the atmosphere in the room rather than use an artificial heat source as this could be harmful to your T. Try using a space heater, cheap to pick up & will keep ur room warm enough.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Se usi un tappetino riscaldante, sempre di lato, mai sotto. Se usi il cavetto, indipendentemente da 'muro destro' o 'sinistro', fai attenzione a non cuocere/ustionare i ragni. Occhio. Di notte se puoi evita di usarlo a meno che la stanza non sia una vera e propria ghiacciaia :-s

Ora vado che è incominciata la Serie A, ho scommesso, e se perdo mi sale il Germano Mosconi u_u

hennibbale

Arachnosquire
Probably better to heat the atmosphere in the room rather than use an artificial heat source as this could be harmful to your T. Try using a space heater, cheap to pick up & will keep ur room warm enough.
Meh, I don't really want a warm room, plus space heaters consume a lot of electricity.

And I already have the cable.

Se usi un tappetino riscaldante, sempre di lato, mai sotto. Se usi il cavetto, indipendentemente da 'muro destro' o 'sinistro', fai attenzione a non cuocere/ustionare i ragni. Occhio. Di notte se puoi evita di usarlo a meno che la stanza non sia una vera e propria ghiacciaia :-s

Ora vado che è incominciata la Serie A, ho scommesso, e se perdo mi sale il Germano Mosconi u_u
Faccio l'hipster e ti dico "buuuu il calcio".

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I also use a heatcable, mine is 9 meters long. I have it cris crossed between the enclosures, but make sure the cable doesn't touch the enclosures. There is not much danger from overheating, since the cable doesn't get warmer than 35C,but from 2cm distance, it is only 25-27 C, so tthere is no chance of overheating.

Introvertebrate

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Yeah, you can play with the distances till you get it right. The Ts should give you an indication as well, depending on which side of the enclosure they hang out on.