Having troubles picking what I want..

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I never thought I would have this problem..

I was going to buy a female P. reduncus... But something came up & I couldnt get her.. I can still get something.. Just not her... Its OK though.. I just confirmed my reduncus as a female.. So I dont feel so bad about not getting the other one..

So.. Here is my problem.. I have been looking through all sorts of ads here & on some dealers.. But I cant seem to narrow down what I want.. :rolleyes:

Im not asking what to get.. Im just talking.. I have a bad headache & cant sleep..

Do any of y'all have this problem? Know you want something...just dont know what you want to get now....

Anubis77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I call it the collector's dilemma. It takes me days to be sure of what I want to buy, spiders or otherwise. Too many choices, too little money to make the most of. And always, in the back of my mind, I tell myself these will be the last ones for x amount of months, so that limitation further justifies my indecision.

I wish there was a Half-Price Books for tarantulas. Then I wouldn't be so conflicted if I bought up a few dozen spiders I don't really need.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I call it the collector's dilemma. It takes me days to be sure of what I want to buy, spiders or otherwise. Too many choices, too little money to make the most of. And always, in the back of my mind, I tell myself these will be the last ones for x amount of months, so that limitation further justifies my indecision.

I wish there was a Half-Price Books for tarantulas. Then I wouldn't be so conflicted if I bought up a few dozen spiders I don't really need.
Yeah... I like the idea on a Half-Price Book... {D

It kills me being so indecisive.. :rolleyes:

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Write a list... then set a goal, Like getting all the Psalmoe's, then stay focused till you get what you want.... there are so many T's Tommy... just go with your gut instinct on what your really interested in.... then knock em off one by one....

You ever heard of writer's block???
Sorry to hear..:( Tommy that your suffering from Tarantula Block...:?:?;P

Peace Bro,
Armando

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Write a list... then set a goal, Like getting all the Psalmoe's, then stay focused till you get what you want.... there are so many T's Tommy... just go with your gut instinct on what your really interested in.... then knock em off one by one....

You ever heard of writer's block???
Sorry to hear..:( Tommy that your suffering from Tarantula Block...:?:?;P

Peace Bro,
Armando
{D Tarantula Block....

I have an idea of what I want.. But you just wont & cant send me that little
nigerrimum... ;P
Though I will have one, two, maybe three or four of them later... :D

Now for what I am thinking this go around.. Maybe some L. violaceopes.. But I am still not sure.. Because I dont want to get to many more slings...

I know.. I know.. They grow... :rolleyes: But I want some grown.... :razz:

orangeandbitey

Arachnopeon
I'm so excited I'm placing an order this week w/ Paul. It took me well over a month to figure out what I was going to actually order as I promised myself I could get 3-4 new specimens at the end of July. I finally came up with a list and I keep wanting to second guess it but I know Ill be happy once they arrive.
1. A. Minatrix (always wanted)
2. G. Pulchra (I love black and I dont have many NW T's/Docileish sp)
3. P. Subfusca
4. P. Striata

I'm sure you have/had most of those SP. But just thought I would let you know it took me 4 weeks to make that stupid list ;) So youre not alone dude!

GOOD LUCK.

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
{D Tarantula Block....

I have an idea of what I want.. But you just wont & cant send me that little
nigerrimum... ;P
Though I will have one, two, maybe three or four of them later... :D

Now for what I am thinking this go around.. Maybe some L. violaceopes.. But I am still not sure.. Because I dont want to get to many more slings...

I know.. I know.. They grow... :rolleyes: But I want some grown.... :razz:
I'd send it but,,, You want to be a Cheater....;P

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm so excited I'm placing an order this week w/ Paul. It took me well over a month to figure out what I was going to actually order as I promised myself I could get 3-4 new specimens at the end of July. I finally came up with a list and I keep wanting to second guess it but I know Ill be happy once they arrive.
1. A. Minatrix (always wanted)
2. G. Pulchra (I love black and I dont have many NW T's/Docileish sp)
3. P. Subfusca
4. P. Striata

I'm sure you have/had most of those SP. But just thought I would let you know it took me 4 weeks to make that stupid list ;) So youre not alone dude!

GOOD LUCK.
Actually out of all of those.. I have only had the pulchra... Never had any of the other three.. Would like to have the other three though.. :D
Grats on your list.. Hope they make it to you all healthy and what not.. :)

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That's cool i understand... it's takes quite some time to grow a sling,
it's like watching grass grow.... i feel yah,
i kinda cheat as well on my last pick up's... and the next additions;)....
i'm not going to say much but my goal will be pretty much achieved... with these next one's....

Hey what ever happened to TEAL?

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
C schioedtei

Tommy, I didn't think to take a peek your current collection before posting but.....there have been a few subadult C schioedtei on the list recently. One was Warren Bautista, the other was Joshuai I believe.

I'm having to call it quits after the ornata. I waited a few months to get these but gonna wait to breed sumpn now. I sure kept looking at the earth tiger offers awfully hard, though. Whatever you choose, I wish you the best!

Terry

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That's cool i understand... it's takes quite some time to grow a sling,
it's like watching grass grow.... i feel yah,
i kinda cheat as well on my last pick up's... and the next additions;)....
i'm not going to say much but my goal will be pretty much achieved... with these next one's....

Hey what ever happened to TEAL?
Whats on your list for the next pick?

Teal.. She is a bit occupied with her significant other.. :) She lurks here once in a while.. On FB alot though..

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I know the feeling! On my last order I kept going between a P. regalis & a C. fimbriatus, a P. irminia & something else, or some C. fasciatum & something else (can't even remember what either of the something elses were now, see how important they were? lol!)

Then I saw the P. reduncus & it was all over. Just had an "aha!" moment.

Don't know how much you're looking to spend, but it seems like recently i've seen a few L. violaceopes subadults/females that didn't seem outrageously priced.

My next order will probably be L. violaceopes, P. rufilata, & A. diversipes.

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Tommy, I didn't think to take a peek your current collection before posting but.....there have been a few subadult C schioedtei on the list recently. One was Warren Bautista, the other was Joshuai I believe.

I'm having to call it quits after the ornata. I waited a few months to get these but gonna wait to breed sumpn now. I sure kept looking at the earth tiger offers awfully hard, though. Whatever you choose, I wish you the best!

Terry
This is the species I've been looking for for months. Unfortunately, the ones for sale have been full adults. If anyone has a true female juvie or subadult for sale, PM me PLEASE :D

(sorry for the hijack, not sure all what you have red but get a haplo! :D)

Arachnoholic420

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Whats on your list for the next pick?

Teal.. She is a bit occupied with her significant other.. :) She lurks here once in a while.. On FB alot though..
It's a surprise..... cant tell.. it's like unveiling a new car.... just wait you'll see and you'll be proud....

Oh cool... just wondering why we dont see her much here anymore...
I cant even remember when i last logged in to my FB account...

maybe i should and add all you guys on there too...

Peace,
Armando

CAK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Actually out of all of those.. I have only had the pulchra... Never had any of the other three.. Would like to have the other three though.. :D
Grats on your list.. Hope they make it to you all healthy and what not.. :)
Hey Tommy!

If my sac is successful in the next month, I can probably help you with #1 #3 and #4 on that list. :)

Joe

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
When I started in the hobby I didn't know what I wanted but I wanted everything.

I read and scanned everything I could until I came up with a list of about 15 T's which I thought I wanted. About a year later I had just about everything on the list. But then I came across an A biceogi and I got hooked on avis.

I still have many of those T's from my first list but I have a Ton of avis by comparrison.

I know exactly how you feel, pulling the trigger on a sale even to this day is an agonizing event, but I think its part of the hobby which I love as well.

GL with whatever you decide to get, can"t go wrong with any T.

PIG-

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

Terry
Well.. My collection at the moment is now small.. I think I have around 43..
I am trying to get mostly OW/NW arboreals... I dont mind OW terrestrials.. But I am only keeping a few NW terrestrials.. Cant do the itching..
I know the feeling! On my last order I kept going between a P. regalis & a C. fimbriatus, a P. irminia & something else, or some C. fasciatum & something else (can't even remember what either of the something elses were now, see how important they were? lol!)

Then I saw the P. reduncus & it was all over. Just had an "aha!" moment.

Don't know how much you're looking to spend, but it seems like recently i've seen a few L. violaceopes subadults/females that didn't seem outrageously priced.

My next order will probably be L. violaceopes, P. rufilata, & A. diversipes.
I will take one of each on your next order... :D
This is the species I've been looking for for months. Unfortunately, the ones for sale have been full adults. If anyone has a true female juvie or subadult for sale, PM me PLEASE :D

(sorry for the hijack, not sure all what you have red but get a haplo! :D)
I would get a haplo... But right now.. I know I want something arboreal..
It's a surprise..... cant tell.. it's like unveiling a new car.... just wait you'll see and you'll be proud....

Oh cool... just wondering why we dont see her much here anymore...
I cant even remember when i last logged in to my FB account...

maybe i should and add all you guys on there too...

Peace,
Armando
Maybe you should get on there & add us! ;P
Hey Tommy!

If my sac is successful in the next month, I can probably help you with #1 #3 and #4 on that list. :)

Joe
Let me know.. :D Would deff. like a few of the minatrix one day..
When I started in the hobby I didn't know what I wanted but I wanted everything.

I read and scanned everything I could until I came up with a list of about 15 T's which I thought I wanted. About a year later I had just about everything on the list. But then I came across an A biceogi and I got hooked on avis.

I still have many of those T's from my first list but I have a Ton of avis by comparrison.

I know exactly how you feel, pulling the trigger on a sale even to this day is an agonizing event, but I think its part of the hobby which I love as well.

GL with whatever you decide to get, can"t go wrong with any T.

PIG-
You are right... You cant go wrong with any T... You are also right on ow agonizing it is to pull the trigger on a sale..

Its like.. Am I sure this is what I want right now... Are you sure?! OK! This is what I want.. Wait! No! Check again & make sure.. Oh man.. I want one of those instead.. Then I make the switch on the list.. Then I look again.. And I repeat the process.. :rolleyes: {D

ametan

Arachnoknight
For weeks I've been thinking of getting an E campestratus, B smithi, A moderatum, or some Avics.

My mind:
Should I get a pair of campestratus and try to breed even though I don't feel ready? Should I get just one? Do I want a large adult again so soon after the bad molt killed my taransexual?

Maybe I should settle on the smithi I've wanted for a while? They're expensive, though, and I'd want at least a juvenile. But I would be settling and unable to get much else along with it if I got one.

I've been meaning to start on the Aphonopelma line. Maybe I should get one. I really know nothing about them. Which one is even one I would definitely want? Crap, they're mostly all WC.

Maybe just some Avics. But do I really want more avic slings? They're making up half of my collection now and I'd rather wait to get the very expensive ones until I'm absolutely positively certain I know what I'm doing with them. Yeah, too many slings right now. I should get some juv/sub-adults right now.

(Return to E campestratus line of thinking and loop.)