Having trouble sexing Pink Toe

Ryanh97

Arachnopeon
Hi guys, I know that there are posts all over and I can go on google to find the answer, however after numerous searched I'm still having a tad bit of trouble determining if it's a male or female. What do you guys think and can you tell me how you know so I can learn

Attachments

Ryanh97

Arachnopeon
Post this in the proper gallery, and it looks female. Learn the latin names please.
I'm sorry I'm still a bit new and I'm not sure how to get to the correct gallery. And if I believe so, it would be an Avic Avic, right?

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
I'm sorry I'm still a bit new and I'm not sure how to get to the correct gallery. And if I believe so, it would be an Avic Avic, right?
yes, Avicularia avicularia. the second name is never capitalized.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Since the thread is already here, may as well use it.

Can you get a closer picture? We don't need the whole spider, just the area between the first set of book lungs. I'm 90% sure that it's female, though.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
By the way, @Ryanh97, I made this awhile back. It goes over the scientific names (not Latin names, as some names are Greek ;)) and what they actually mean. It's called binomial nomenclature.

Ryanh97

Arachnopeon
Thank you to both of you! And I am about to check that video out now.

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
Post this in the proper gallery, and it looks female. Learn the latin names please.
Relax... It's a pet store pink toe. I know Avicularia scientific names, and even I wouldn't call it by one. It'd be Avicularia sp. pet store. How about a "welcome to the forums!" Back in your cage, crabby.

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
Relax... It's a pet store pink toe. I know Avicularia scientific names, and even I wouldn't call it by one. It'd be Avicularia sp. pet store. How about a "welcome to the forums!" Back in your cage, crabby.

Yeah no way to know WHAT avicularia it really is honestly. Most are avic avic, but seen a few metallicas and supposedly a friend if mine claims a lot are hybrids, which I wouldn't consider too far fetched