having doubt about the shop that i get all my t's

xyruz

Arachnopeon
all of my t's that i got from this shop are all cm sling: b.albo, c.marshalli, b.smithi, g.pulchripes and p.regalis.. my smithi turns out that its not.. now im having a doubt about my t's that its not the sp that i want..here's some photo of them..
supposed to be
1. c.marshalli (not sure)
2. g.pulchripes (sure)
3. b.smithi (definitely not)
4. p.regalis (????)
5. b.albo ( sure)

Attachments

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
buy online, theres lots of reputable dealers out there. pet stores are usually bad places to buy from anyway.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Looks like you have a C. marshalli juvenile, B. albo juvenile, G. pulchripes sling.

Cant confirm the other 2

N1ghtFire

Arachnoknight
What shop did you buy them from? I would definitely buy them online next time. I know shipping can cost a lot, but just wait awhile and save up and buy multiple Ts at once to get the most outta shipping. Then, if you buy from a reputable dealer, you'll at least know that you're getting what you paid for.

cold blood

Staff member
Everything looks good but the smithi...and in time you should be able to tell...I almost see the triangle on the carapace coming in, which leads me to emelia as my guess. Classic example of a common name mix up IMO...red knee versus red leg....someone, somewhere down the line doesn't use scientific names and you got the wrong t as a direct result.

Either way, if its boehmei, its about the same price, if its emelia, that's slightly more valuable...and of its klassi, you will just regret not buying every one they had in stock, because that's an expensive Brachy.

Can't exactly see the pokie though, but you wouldn't be able to tell until its much much bigger anyway.

xyruz

Arachnopeon
thanks guys for the advice.. right now i dont intend to get another t's..saving some money and just as u say i'll definitely gonna order online..hehe about the regalis..im gonnna post a new photo after its next molt.. thanks again...

xyruz

Arachnopeon
heres my l.parahybana sling/juvie..got it as 2cm sling..now he/she is almost 2" to 2 1/2"...recently molted 4days ago..this t dont want to eat a cricket..evrytime a put a cricket inside the enclo it just run away and just hold still at the top wall of the enclo..it only like latts...or should i worry about it???

Attachments

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
it is not eating the cricket because it has only just moulted. If it is at that size it may take a week roughly for its fangs to harden. offering pray before your T has hardened could cause harm/injury to it. The older and bigger the specimen gets, the longer it takes to harden.

remove any prey items that are in with it just now and wait until the fangs are completely black not white/pink/red

xyruz

Arachnopeon
even before that its fully recover from a molt it dont want any cricket inside the enclo..thanks for your advice..and definitley put it in the app that i use to monitor my t's...thanks again kezygla

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
even before that its fully recover from a molt it dont want any cricket inside the enclo..thanks for your advice..and definitley put it in the app that i use to monitor my t's...thanks again kezygla
Hey no problem. I am glad you asked :)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If you end up with a klaasi, KEEP IT. They are far more rare in the hobby than smithi and the other members, including emilia.