havin fun

Inuleki

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
so, for my 3d modeling class final I had to do a character design of some sort... thought i'd do this :D thought everyone might like it... if this thing wil work... 3rd time i've had to resize it...

Attachments

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow, that's really good Inu. Is this your first class, or have you already gone through texturing and lighting because it was all done very well. This was my major also. However I am switching to Webmastering because I just don't have the patience for 3D or animation at all for that matter...lol. I have better things to do with my time than to make things move. But very good work, friend.

In Him,
Marcus

Devildoll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hmm... quite nice... very unique style to it.

What did you use to create it?

Inuleki

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yeah, this was my first modeling class.... i used 3dstudio max... but thanks everyone... didn't really turn out how i wanted it to, but i will eventually, probably later this week, get one looking lifelike... should be interesting

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
::Shudders:: 3D Max...that's what we use. Ack. I love that program, but man that thing has scarred me for life! lol. Have you modeled before or are they actually going over texturing and lighting along with modeling?

Inuleki

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yeah, we do actually go over the textures and lighting and cameras and this and that and everything else.... it's madness i tell you.... this was about the 5th model i've done, first organic that i've tried....

we actually have one of the top computer animation programs in the country, so they like to actually teach us what we need to know...

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What school do you go to? I know ours is rated really well for a Technical College. We have an instructor right out of the industry...the man is awesome. We were on the news not too long ago. Our advanced classes are designing a program to train US troops for real-time war strategy and combat. This is our first year to have the Mocap. It's phat.

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Inu,
Rock the house! Awesome! For a moment there, I thought it was real..Nice work!
Peace,
Gillian

Inuleki

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
right on, thank you!

but yeah, i go to the Art Institute of Colorado.... one of our 2d teachers worked for Charles Schults (you know, Snoopy and Charlie Brown) animating for 30 years.... it's pretty fun....

mocap is cheating! cheating i say!!!

anyways, it's my 21st birthday today (finally).... and i've gone ahead and picked up another baby smithi and of course a little baby versicolor sling... tee hee... that makes seven...

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Happy 21st! Yeah, Mocap is cheating...but it's cheating that saves a lot of time and frustrations. haha.