Have you seen something like this before?

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
That's an arboreal enclosure, not appropriate for a terrestrial without modifications....which would mean laying it on its back so the doors are at the top, and damming the top so you can add an adequate amount of substrate....because of the front doors, you simply cannot add enough to make it safe.

1. A bald spot isn't a worry.

2. Stress is an over used term IMO, if something needs to be done for the betterment of the t, resulting stress shouldn't even be considered....these are adaptable creatures.

3. Its not necessary to handle to do maintenance. Just usher it into a deli cup and do what you gotta do.

4. Ts are pretty clean creatures, aside from clearing the water dish and removing a bolus here and there, there's not much "cleaning" that needs to be done unless you are leaving a bunch of crickets to die in there...but since you aren't a pet store, I doubt that's the case.

Don't feel bad for a bald spot...its like if you tore your shirt a tad...its just cosmetic and will have zero effect on the t. The bald spot just means there isn't hair there. I feel worse for guys with toupee's.

As for the color looking "raw"...lol, that's just because you are equating your skin to a ts (anthropomorphism alert)...that's just the color of the skin...keep an eye on the spot though, when that patch of skin darkens, its pre-molt....you can stop offering food then and just keep water in the dish and wait the 2-15 months it will require.
100% agreed, I was just about to comment on the bald spot being "raw" lol. And bam thread ended right here with CB's comment (better work this time).

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I would not worry about that spot. I have a different species, same genus w/something due to molting, and all is made new again after a molt generally.

The general distance we recommend for TERRESTRIAL Ts to have from substrate to the lid is about 1.5x their DLS (Diagonal Leg Span).

Your tanks are setup poorly in terms of height. If your Ts don't fall and suffer injury or death, I'd be surprised. You are just rolling the dice for absolutely no reason.

The same goes for handling. These animals don't enjoy/like/need to be touched. Some people have had dead Ts because they held their cherished pet.

Your pet is at the mercy of your care, do right by it.