Have you cried over the loss of one of your eight legged friends?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
The Goddess is mortal but also ethereal and immortal. That's the only thing that matters :-s

Kymura

Arachnoknight
Absolutely. I get extremely attached to the things in my care. And it has zero to do with them giving back. I care about them as much as any other creature in my care.
Losing them hits me several ways, simple sadness at losing them, guilt over not being able to somehow save them, and (don't laugh) I miss them when their gone.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Absolutely. I get extremely attached to the things in my care. And it has zero to do with them giving back. I care about them as much as any other creature in my care.
Losing them hits me several ways, simple sadness at losing them, guilt over not being able to somehow save them, and (don't laugh) I miss them when their gone.
This is me, too.

Anyone who knows me well knows if I start talking about missing Aidan, I am talking about my first OBT. I lost him... six years? ago. And it matters not. I loved him. And I miss him.

SausageinaNet

Arachnopeon
To be honest: No. I don't see death as a bad thing. Everything that lives will also die. That's pretty much the only guarantee you have in life. Still it's not fun to have anything you like go away forever.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Brudda pls. I almost cried when Zilla died. I can't imagine how I would be if i had a tarantula and it died.

Spidermolt

Arachnoknight
honestly that gets touchy for me, I usually just act tough until I get asked in a thread built around the respect for tarantulas. :(

louise f

Arachnoangel
If you are really attached to the spider then yes, never tried it myself just yet. Only with the loss of a dog and a cat, dying of old age. :(

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Simple answer is no. I don't want this to seem cold but ive not lost any that mean that much to me, just last night/this morning ive lost my tiny true B albo sling.
Now I'm not saying that I won't react differently if I lost something like my juvenile B emilia (1st tarantula this time around) or my adult female G pulchra for obvious reasons.
@cold blood I understand your reasons for almost walking away when you lost your Thrixopelma cyaneolum an amazing tarantula that should be everywhere, infact Thrixopelma should be everywhere