• Yes

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • No

Votes: 159 92.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
It’s good to hear that you have never been tagged by that bat sh*t cray hamorii!
Yeah, I'm not giving her the opportunity :rofl:

My lil' pruri does that, Thrixies are just adorable lol
My P. antinous did a kinda similar one where she'd wave her bum in the air but she also stood on her tiptoes to make herself as tall as possible, it was freakin' adorable.

Scarabyte

Arachnosquire
Yeah, I'm not giving her the opportunity :rofl:

My P. antinous did a kinda similar one where she'd wave her bum in the air but she also stood on her tiptoes to make herself as tall as possible, it was freakin' adorable.
Cuteee, definitely need to get some pamphos soon.

On to the topic though, I've never been bit but I've had my P cancerides strike at my paintbrush many times when rehousing, she's so small but so angry :p

scott308

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
@Tim Benzedrine needs to chime in with the harrowing tale of his near fatal attack from his genic! Sorry to bring up painful memories, Tim, but I feel your terrifying experience is a good cautionary tale for those who haven't heard it or seen the graphic photos, if you're willing to talk about it again.

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Never been bitten.

Aww there’s that video on YouTube where the c verse punctures a lads hand after he was cupping it, it used its fangs as leverage to escape and pierced his skin! I e never see a sling in a threat posture. I’d love to know what the smallest sling people have seen ina threat posture. That may be my next question!
48AB6153-C477-427F-9A59-96EE6ECA965B.jpeg
49938A99-4BDF-4C63-AE61-BA92FED3E1F9.jpeg
0.75” H. gigas sling

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
@Tim Benzedrine needs to chime in with the harrowing tale of his near fatal attack from his genic! Sorry to bring up painful memories, Tim, but I feel your terrifying experience is a good cautionary tale for those who haven't heard it or seen the graphic photos, if you're willing to talk about it again.
It isn't easy. Between the therapy for psychological trauma and the costly reconstructive surgery, it is tough to relive the experience every time I tell the tale.

Campi95

Arachnosquire
Never been tagged. I handle my 5 inch curly hair once a month or so, when she is curious enough to climb up my arm. She used her fangs a couple times to stabilize herself, but she’s never bitten down.

That being said, I’ve been haired. A lot.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
For instance, has anybody ever been handling a T that appeared to be calm and then it suddenly tagged you?
Have heard this happened, never to me-- why? because I don't handle animals that don't like to be handled. Ts are just fish on land.

Minty

@londontarantulas
I know this has been asked before, but I've never seen it with a poll, to make for easy viewing. Simple question, have you been bitten by a tarantula that you or someone you know owns?

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I would make it so that the people taking the poll are not visible to everyone else. That might discourage someone from voting.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yes i have. With 2 diffrent speicies. Lets say in the beginning of my tarantula keeping, i was too careless and put my hand down to change waterdish or pick out bolus and did not care that the tarantula was near. Not smart i know.

Minty

@londontarantulas
Yes i have. With 2 diffrent speicies. Lets say in the beginning of my tarantula keeping, i was too careless and put my hand down to change waterdish or pick out bolus and did not care that the tarantula was near. Not smart i know.
May I ask which species? What were the symptoms for you? Did they last for long?

NYAN

Arachnoking
I had a H. mac sling bolt into my armpit and bite me. That’s my only tarantula experience so far.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Never been. Don’t plan on it either. Knock Knock.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
May I ask which species? What were the symptoms for you? Did they last for long?
My female G porteri, who can be ptetty defenssive at times. She has her mood swings. The other was a Vitalius sorocabae. The symphtoms was not too bad neigher of the instances. It hurted alot for 10 minutes and bled some