Have problem - Please advice !

frajer29

Arachnopeon
Hello. I have a problem! 2 days ago escaped my a scorpion - Buthus occitanus 2nd instar ! Scorpion was in the container on the desk. It was a very tiny person, so he went out through the hole. I know that is a dangerous poison. But ask for advice, whether it makes sense to look for it, do I have to search the room, buy poison to worms ?
What is the chance that the scorpion live in an apartment? An individual 2nd instar, not long down from the mother, so long may not live much longer? I would prefer (if you do not find) that died, would not threaten roommates.

Please advice, I do not know what to do.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
check shoes, dark places, and warm places. check clothes lying around. inside electronics or other small spaces

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Have a Black Light ?
Would be the best way imo.
I don't think that works with all species,

My buddy lost a tarantula way before i was into them and he put a dish of water out in the center of each room, make that room dark, and when it gets thirsty you may find it chilling in that dish when you go to check on it.

Worked for him maybe it works for you.

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I don't think that works with all species,
I think black lights make all species fluoresce, most at very least.

Your friend was looking for a tarantula, not a scorpion! Maybe that will work best, but I doubt it.

The previous advise given is excellent. Look where it might go and hide. Black light will help. It may also help to stick a towel under your doors to prevent escape while looking.

And be careful! :)