Have no seen my P. irminia in weeks!

The Shadow

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My T has a hollow log standing up in his enclosure. He webbed it up halfway down about, and added dirt to the webbing. I dropped a cricket into the log over a week ago, and it just jumped out of the log. Im wondering if the T is ok. I was thinking of trying to get it out of there to make sure its alive and kickin'. It could have molted in there I guess? I can't see it at all down there....Having a pet log sux. :wall:

Windchaser

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Welcome to the world of tarantulas. At times they will seal themselves in and stay out of sight. Don't dig it out just to check on it. In the unlikely case it did die you will be able to smell it. Tarantulas by nature are reclusive animals and it is normal for them to stay hidden for extended periods of time.

The Shadow

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Its def not dead, I have smelled dead T before and its not pleasent. Guess Ill take that cricket out and feed it to my Brachy.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
my female sealed her self in weeks ago also,she's definitly in molt,can't wait till she emerges:drool:

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My irminia dissappeard for 2 months before I decided if it was going to be that reclusive it needed a smaller less cool container than my exoterra cube (which now holds frogs). It immediately webbed up the new enclosure and has yet to be seen. Don't worry about it, they eventually do come out... I hope. ;)

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I know how you feel but with my its the bigger of my two B. emilia slings. It does not even dig tunnels, it just buries itself in the substrate. I dig it out once in a while and really peeve it off, but other than that the only way I know it is still alive is that crickets disappear, I see T droppings, and I don't smell a dead T. I think I've only seen it twice that I haven't dug for it and I've had it for 4 months now.

thwarts

Arachnopeon
My b.emilia has dug burrows underneath it's hide. Luckily it was considerate enough to dig them against the tank wall so i can see where it is!!!!:D

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
well my suntiger just emerged from her hide,and she's big bad and sexy as ever!:drool: :worship: :D {D :clap: dunning her new fur coat.