have i done something silly?

Ste Hughes

Arachnopeon
ok guys

I've been keeping T's about 2 months now and ive started off with 6 slings

this week end i was away

i come back to check on my slings to find all of them have molted except 1 (p.regalis x 3, A. purpurea, Giant white knee all fine)

my B. smithi though looked like it was in a death curl :8o :( the little guy is about 0.5"

so i took it out of its tub and put it into an ICU and made it really really humid

it looked as though it was in a classic death curl (going by pictures i have seen on here) - it was moving VERY slowly just sort of wiggling its legs and i thought it was on deaths door

i check it 2 hours later and it looks like it was halfway through a moult

have i just been abit OTT and reacted before i should have?

have i upset the T's moult at all? i am likely to have caused it damage?

i really was gutted when i thought he was dying

thanks

Ste Hughes

Arachnopeon
also it appears to be totally white now :?

all my other slings at least retained there old colour when they moulted, all the regalis slings gained colours if anything

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
Well its still very small, the colors may not be there yet. Also, directly after a molt, the legs will be clear because it is not hardened up yet. Once it starts drying is when it will get a little more color.

Ste Hughes

Arachnopeon
Your smithi started a molt right side up?
once i put it in the ICU it flipped over and started

it appears to be stuck

its front legs are out but 2 are bent real funny

it seems to be moving really slowly as well still

and the old skin is still attached on the abdomen

:confused::(:confused::(

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
They bend there legs oddly when molting. Its normal. And the legs are the least worry. A couple molts will correct them. Try putting drops of water on the parts that appear to be stuck. How long has it been trying to molt since it flipped? The big worry is making sure you get the book lungs free or it will sufficate. The rest of the abdomen can be pealed away fairly easily. And also make sure the anus/spinnerets dont get blocked. You can try using a little bit of baby oil but its is really risky since its soo small. Do not get oil on the book lungs or it will die. Any way good luck your your sling. They are still my favorite Ts. :cool:

Ste Hughes

Arachnopeon
the little guy had a tiny section still stuck this morning on the top of his abdomen so i will leave him for a few more hours

hes coloured up as well - hes not moved at all though

hes still in the ICU do i wait until he is hard again to move him back to his pill jar?