Have any of you...

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Fed a T any sort of frogs/toads? There's small ones at my local shop pretty cheap, and I was thinking about it as a dietary suppliment :}

Anyone tried this? Any reasons I shouldn't give it a try? They are pretty small. Baby tree frogs and firebelly toads, I believe.

N.

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Well, you'd have to do your research on what frogs would be okay. North American tree frogs are pretty safe for any species, and I think a few toads are, but don't quote me on that. Firebelly toads, however, are toxic. That's what the orange belly is for, to warn potential predators of their danger. That's what I think si_sleaf's link is about anyways, firebelly toads. I just had to say something, just in case.

Bry

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
I've never tried that. I don't think I will until I have a 6 or 7" T. blondi or Pokie. But then again, I'd think I'd be better off with a pinkie from a financial and safety standpoint. How big is your T?

Dario

arachnopunks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I won't let Johnny feed toads or frogs to our spiders. We can catch them all the time here, but it just seems like they could be toxic. We catch brown anoles and feed those. Our arboreals especially enjoy them. It is the grossest thing to see them partially digested becuase they get real slimey and the tail is always leftover. I bet a frog or toad would be 10 times more slimey.

-Jill

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by D-Man
I've never tried that. I don't think I will until I have a 6 or 7" T. blondi or Pokie. But then again, I'd think I'd be better off with a pinkie from a financial and safety standpoint. How big is your T?

Dario
A. seemanni about 5 in. or so.

N.