Hati hati sling doing ok??

Dimator

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone,
Today I received my c.sp.hati hati sling (about 2cm ).
Since I rehoused it, it lays still in the bottom of its enclosure. I offered a pre killed pray but there was no interest. I tried poking it gently with a brush and I saw some notions of movement but nothing much.
Even there's no death curl, I'm a bit worried about everything's being ok.
I am attaching the better pic I could take so you can tell me your opinion.
Thanks IMG_20210422_201100.jpg

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
First:
  1. Once it’s rehoused, it will need some time to settle in.
  2. It looks like your enclosure size is way way too large.

Second:
  1. I do not like the look of that sling, looks weak, but I cannot be sure without seeing it with my own eyes.

Dimator

Arachnopeon
First:
  1. Once it’s rehoused, it will need some time to settle in.
  2. It looks like your enclosure size is way way too large.

Second:
  1. I do not like the look of that sling, looks weak, but I cannot be sure without seeing it with my own eyes.
I used a modified Ferrero roche box as enclosure. Do you think it will need a smaller one?

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
I used a modified Ferrero roche box as enclosure. Do you think it will need a smaller one?
I do not know your exact enclosure size, I am only looking at the picture you provided, and it looks massive.

Dimator

Arachnopeon
I do not know your exact enclosure size, I am only looking at the picture you provided, and it looks massive.
Size is 7.3x7x14.2cm (that's 2.9 x 2.7 x 5.6 in inches)
Also just checked and it has been moved to the back of the enclosure

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
If it moved to the back of its own power, it's probably fine. Leave it be and let it settle in. It can take them weeks to settle in sometimes.

Dimator

Arachnopeon
If it moved to the back of its own power, it's probably fine. Leave it be and let it settle in. It can take them weeks to settle in sometimes.
Yes it did, and then again it moved down to its hiding spot. I'll give it time to feel like home. Thanks for the reply

ccTroi

Arachnobaron
I give my Asian tarantula slings very limited space until they are at least 1.5” in which I rehouse them in a 32oz or 16oz cup (32oz for specimens I have no concerns for; 16oz for specimens that are reluctant to eat or require frequent monitoring). Until then, I house my specimens and other Asian arboreals in 5.5oz cups with substrate filled halfway. The smaller cups don’t have much space so I ditch the bottle cap for water. Instead, I include a small piece of sphagnum moss and make sure it is always damp. I don’t like the substrate uniformly wet or even moist. If at all, the substrate surrounding the moss (or bottle cap if you prefer this) is the only part that gets moist. What works best for me in ensuring a quick acclimation of the spider is to give it a deep starter burrow. My spiders are quick to adopt this and will usually eat sooner than those who haven’t adopted the burrow. This species in particular will web its burrow (or wherever it bunkered at). Seeing webbing is a sign for me that it has acclimated and may be ready to accept a meal.

From the picture, my initial observations is the substrate is too wet, and there’s no starter burrow. I would suggest redoing the enclosure or rehousing the spider into one similar to the aforementioned setup. Ensure there is always drinking water (either in a form of damp moss or bottle cap) and give it a couple days to acclimate. Or maybe it just needs more time to settle. Look for webbing!

53C26953-0A6C-4C5D-B2A1-BF9F7A603055.jpeg One of my Hati Hati specimens.
47ABF064-DD58-4EB3-B435-46FB8DD37056.jpeg One of my electric blues. Not an arboreal, but many OW arboreals will burrow. Just another example of the setup.
28DA0A65-A42B-4C03-9FC8-187DB83D453E.jpeg One of my L. nigerrimum specimens in a 16oz cup setup. I ran out of 5.5oz cups so I’m using a 16oz deli for this particular specimen. Spider is 3/4” and will be rehoused to a 32oz once it reaches 1.5”.
AC1FE0F8-6693-4A7D-8FE0-A756836954D6.jpeg BBE89D09-45FA-40B1-8997-7EB261BCFC9D.jpeg A couple P. sp. “Sabah blue” and their identical setup in a 32oz cup. Considerably less substrate but given lots of moss so they can incorporate it in their burrow. Like mentioned before, I waited until I see webbing and a defined burrow before attempting to feed.

Hope this helps :)

Dimator

Arachnopeon
Yes it was very enlightening, thank you. I'll wait just a few more days and if it still seems a bit off and there is no signs of webbing I'll definitely rehouse according to your advice 🙂