Hate not finding snakes for sale

Dyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I decided to go with a platinum retic and I cant find one for sale anywhere with a reasonable price.

Everytime I decide on something like this its like they fall off the face of the planet.

It's rather frustrating anyone else get their heart set on an animal only to not find it when you get the money together

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I can't begin to tell you how many times that has happened to me; it's either that, or the animals that I want are practically EVERYWHERE for sale...and I'm dead-broke! It's not often that I find that happy medium.

I know this might sound like a long-shot, but have you tried Craigslist? Believe it or not, I've gotten some good deals on some really nice snakes on there, and I HAVE seen a female Platinum Retic on there not so long ago. I got my male Suriname Boa and a nice ??? Boa(don't know what she is, probably a cross of some sort) there.

pitbulllady

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I decided to go with a platinum retic and I cant find one for sale anywhere with a reasonable price.

Everytime I decide on something like this its like they fall off the face of the planet.

It's rather frustrating anyone else get their heart set on an animal only to not find it when you get the money together
We're not working with the platinums, but I have a few friends that are. Send me a PM and let me know what you were looking to pay for one and I can ask around and see if I can help you out.

Dyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've searched craigslist and the only thing I ever wanted to buy i missed out on sadly 3 6x3 boamaster cages the exact ones I was going to buy but sadly I was a month late on the article they posted it when I was VERY busy with work going out of town to bike rallies and such.

Other than that I havent found any snakes I would get 90% balls 9% boas 1% other I've seen 2 retics for sale around me one was a purple albino about 3 years ago and another was a tiger a few weeks ago but I'm not fond of tigers at all. I search as far away at 6 hour drive one way. I just havent found anything.

I'll definetly send you a pm J

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I don't really have a problem finding the snakes that I want (since I'm not really into various morphs and all) but I do have the problem on finding a beautiful species and then realizing the price is way way out of my price range. All I can do is :eek:. That and wanting some obscure species that hardly has any care info available {D

Noexcuse4you

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I know what you mean. I've been searching for an albino trans-pecos ratsnake for months now. One popped up a while back, but it was instantly sold. Gahhhh!

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Dyn, I'm not sure what you call a reasonable price for a Platinum, but there is an adult female for sale right now on the Venomousreptiles. org Classifieds, and she is a beaut! Those things almost cause retinal damage to look at for very long, like staring into the sun or something! The guy is wanting 2K for her, though, but given her size and quality, she'd be worth it.

pitbulllady

Dyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks for the information.

Sadly thats alittle much for me at the moment. I was mainly looking for a small female though. Most seem to be going for 600-700 and thats what I'm looking to spend.

ShawnH

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Have you tried kingsnake.com ? I get alot of snakes and geckos off there.

Dyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
There, Faunaclassifieds and some other random places here or there and just havent found one with the pattern I really like. Mainly looking for one without the reduced pattern most platinums have.