Hasn't come out in weeks after molt?

samsonblue

Arachnopeon
My euathlus sp. molted probably about 2 weeks ago. All went well, I saw her in the molting position as I was going to bed and she was done when I woke up. Her premolt took a very long time, upwards of 2 months. She molted in her hide, and 2 weeks later she still hasn't come out. She's moved a bit, changing positions and stuff but is it normal for her to take this long to start walking around? I think because her premolt took a long time that it might be the same for her recovery but I wanted to make sure nothing is wrong. Ordinarily she's very active unlike my other t that sits in his hide all day so I'm a bit worried.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
thats fine.
if shes sub adult-adult size, they can really take their time coming out after a molt. you should try feeding regardless, after 2 weeks its safe.

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
No worries, my juvie P. Irminia vanished about a month ago after a molt.. I waited for around a fortnight and then started putting prekilled prey at her entrance just to check if she's still alive. Try to prekill whatever you're feeding it with and just leave it at the entrance of the burrow. I dislike offering live prey to those who might not come out.. Mealworms burrow in an instant, roaches roam into the burrow and are hard to get out if the T is not interested.. Just kill something and offer it.. It will put your mind at ease when you'll se it's gone :)

Estein

Arachnoknight
I agree with offering pre-killed food. I usually put a mealworm with a crushed head just outside the burrow entrance. It will move enough to attract attention but won't burrow, so I know my T will cone grab it if/when it's interested.

Hopefully you'll get to see that nice new suit soon!

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Most current Euathlus sp. take what feels like a lifetime to surface