Has the G. rosea finally fallen out of favor in the hobby?

VermillionFox

Arachnopeon
I think it was a combination of them being seen as boring, as well as they've also a reputation for biting owners more frequently then most. Plus a lot of stores swapped to Nicaraguan curly hairs because kids will buy fuzzballs over "hey a spider".

However they're lovely, and often much more fun to watch than some flashier species imho.

MogiCorp

Arachnosquire
Recently got my first T and was originally looking for G.Rosea as it was the first one I’ve ever met and the species that sparked my love for tarantulas. I placed a special order at a pet store as they only currently had A.Avic and oddly enough it turns out they are now illegal for pet stores to sell at least that’s what I was told. I’m assuming it’s chain pet stores only as I know a reptile store that does carry G.Rosea. The law was something about no longer being able to import them or sell them at pet stores I’m not sure of the details.

Feral

Arachnobaron
Those "pet rock" rosies have unlocked the secret to tarantula longevity- being a Buddhist Master of the art of metabolic conservation. (I'm not even kidding, proven by science.)
And for that, they have all my respect.

Hats off to you, little bodhis!

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Those "pet rock" rosies have unlocked the secret to tarantula longevity- being a Buddhist Master of the art of metabolic conservation. (I'm not even kidding, proven by science.)
And for that, they have all my respect.

Hats off to you, little bodhis!
My Queen wants a word with you. Rosies aren't the only ones in on this secret, the almighty P.muticus has known this for many years.
The H.chilensis tribe also wants to point out their art of food refusal and long life spans.

I read too much fantasy :dead: