Has anyone tried this blacklight head light?Other blacklight reccomendations?

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I haven't used that one. 8 Leds sounds a little small to me though for collecting. You would have to be pretty close I think. Those are 1 watt leds max. Without going into too many details, they don't actually run 1 watt, but a little less, maybe .9 watt. So you are really closer to 7 watts.

I use A49's which are 49 one watts, really closer to 41 watts during operation. I can usually see a small scorpion from 10-15 feet away, even only partially exposed, depending on moonlight. That's really handy when you are in the field.

It would be nice having a headlamp to free both hands, but I think you need more juice than that.

If you know enough to replace the electronics and bulbs with 5 watt leds, that would be really good.

Here's where I get my A49's

http://azscorpion.com/BkLt.html

Kaos

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I have ordered the 51 led model from ledwholesalers, reasonable price even with shipping to Norway, gonna test some and post feedback here when i recieve it. Going to Turkey the coming spring or summer and wanted something better than my 12 led.

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I have ordered the 51 led model from ledwholesalers, reasonable price even with shipping to Norway, gonna test some and post feedback here when i recieve it. Going to Turkey the coming spring or summer and wanted something better than my 12 led.
Yes please do! :) I'm liking the $15 price tag on the 51 LED model.

I myself bought a maglight-knockoff thing off ebay a while back. It works, but probably half of the LED's have gone out and it doesn't work when held vertically lol