Has anyone ever seen this before?

BishopiMaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just an odd segment in the middle thats a distinctly lighter coloration, its sort of on one side of that segment and in the middle, doesnt look like mycosis but was just wondering what anyone thought

Attachments

Jesse James

Arachnosquire
Just an odd segment in the middle thats a distinctly lighter coloration, its sort of on one side of that segment and in the middle, doesnt look like mycosis but was just wondering what anyone thought
I think it's nothing to worry about. Is the pede freshly molted? I would be more worried if the spot was darker in color and the pair of legs where curled, maybe signifying something ruptured inside the pede.

BishopiMaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think it's nothing to worry about. Is the pede freshly molted? I would be more worried if the spot was darker in color and the pair of legs where curled, maybe signifying something ruptured inside the pede.
Thanks for replying Jesse, the pede is not freshly molted and is fully functional, although it seems to floss its antenna an awful lot, i did see a small fly in there yesterday, no idea how these things get here, and i looked at a lot of picture of phorids sort of worrying and it looked nothing like those, just some odd fly with pronounced wings, looked way too big to be entering any spiracle or anything like that, also it was a single fly, my best guess is some sort of fungus gnat as the container is pretty damp. Also, it does eat.

Jesse James

Arachnosquire
Thanks for replying Jesse, the pede is not freshly molted and is fully functional, although it seems to floss its antenna an awful lot, i did see a small fly in there yesterday, no idea how these things get here, and i looked at a lot of picture of phorids sort of worrying and it looked nothing like those, just some odd fly with pronounced wings, looked way too big to be entering any spiracle or anything like that, also it was a single fly, my best guess is some sort of fungus gnat as the container is pretty damp. Also, it does eat.
Yeah, of course. Like I said before, I wouldn't worry about it unless you see something odd going on. Fungus gnats won't crawl into your pedes spiracles lol, why would they do that? there's nothing there for them.

BishopiMaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, of course. Like I said before, I wouldn't worry about it unless you see something odd going on. Fungus gnats won't crawl into your pedes spiracles lol, why would they do that? there's nothing there for them.
Thats what i mean, so not a phorid, you dont think anything of the antenna cleaning behavior?

Creepy Crawling Guy

Arachnopeon
my r.longipes has that kind of segment too right at the center i think its just a little miscoloration i have him for a month in that situation i see no bad signs and for the antenna i saw mine doing it after flicking mist or while in the water dish maybe thats how they drinks water not sure tho

ps:i would have taken picture of the miscolored segment but his under the substrate i think he is meditating or something didnt see him for week now:shifty: