Has anyone done well with Glomeris?

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
I assume someone here had to have bought the European Glomeris species (G.marginata & G.pustulata) @Bugs In Cyberspace was selling a little while back, I'm curious how they did in captivity? Did anyone have success with them or did they die off quickly like the giant Madagascan species? Just curious. :)

Thanks in advance!

jaredc

Arachnosquire
Many European keepers on Facebook seem to be doing well with native species and have gotten them to reproduce quite readily. I was looking to have specimens shipped from New York so I'm also curious.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Many European keepers on Facebook seem to be doing well with native species and have gotten them to reproduce quite readily. I was looking to have specimens shipped from New York so I'm also curious.
Really cool, let us know how yours do if you decide to get some! :)

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
The glomerids appear to be pretty easy. The most recent Invertebrates-Magazine has an article on rearing the young of Glomeris pustulata. It is the June 2016 issue and it ships next week. Molting and setup for Glomeris were in the December 2015 issue.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
The glomerids appear to be pretty easy. The most recent Invertebrates-Magazine has an article on rearing the young of Glomeris pustulata. It is the June 2016 issue and it ships next week. Molting and setup for Glomeris were in the December 2015 issue.
Yeah I read the article in the December issue, great to see that you've had even more success with them! :D Can't wait to read the article!

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
Cool! I'll have to purchase both issues! :D While I'm not looking to acquire European Glomeris at this time, the information may be of help when I can finally get some of our native Glomeridae! :)

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
Cool! I'll have to purchase both issues! :D While I'm not looking to acquire European Glomeris at this time, the information may be of help when I can finally get some of our native Glomeridae! :)
Lucanus has collected some native ones but they seem to be even smaller and certainly drab compared to the European ones. I don't know if he sells them but he posted some photos here:
http://www.roachforum.com/index.php?showtopic=6151

Lucanus95

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice! :)
BTW, how are yours doing? Any signs of captive reproduction yet?
They seem to be doing ok though I don't see any signs of babies. They've all burrowed down into soil and made chamber when the weather started to warm up.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
They seem to be doing ok though I don't see any signs of babies. They've all burrowed down into soil and made chamber when the weather started to warm up.
Hmm, interesting. Well keep us updated, hopefully they'll reproduce for you! :)

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
Lucanus has collected some native ones but they seem to be even smaller and certainly drab compared to the European ones. I don't know if he sells them but he posted some photos here:
http://www.roachforum.com/index.php?showtopic=6151
Thank you. :) I have arranged a trade for some of them and am working through sun and sweat and rattlesnakes and chiggers to fulfill my end of it! :rofl: I know they are quite small and would be overlooked by most, but I am interested in collecting all millipede genera native to North America.

Perhaps they prefer cooler temperatures too? I hope they do well for you!

Last edited: