Has any one triple clutched???

roaddog

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Just wondering if anyone has ever triple clutched sacs? If so, do tell.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Just wondering if anyone has ever triple clutched sacs? If so, do tell.
I had a P. irminia doe this, after her last sac shge molted then passed way for no apparent reason.:(

redrumpslump

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey Rob by chance do you remember how many eggs were in each sac and/or how many were actually good?

Matt

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Today I saw a bunch of "house spiders" (Don't know what they are. they live like on the porch in the top corners and stuff) And most of them had three egg sacs. Out of the three egg sacs each on had I only saw one egg sac each that had babies emerging from it. Thats just true spiders so those are probably very different from tarantulas though.

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hey Rob by chance do you remember how many eggs were in each sac and/or how many were actually good?

Matt
160, 115,78 Most were good.....2nd sac is when I had the siamese twin LOL

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I've heard of a few species making up to 4 sacks post mating :X

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
last year I had 2 E. cyano(blue fang) triple clutched for me and 4 double clutched
my P irminia also didit 3 times, I was looking at her
and she

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
One question, do you guys get slings on each sacs ? I din't know Ts can also store sperm like scorps lol

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
t sperm is made in a quiescent mode that is akin to suspended animation. the female makes a chemical that turns them on.... but the sperm only mix with the chemical when the female is making an eggsac

i believe i have read about females making viable eggsacs almost three years after mating... but i expect that is more of an extreme than an average figure

females can obviously retain sperm after making a viable eggsac... but they definitely shed it out so no nonparthenogenic (=P) eggsacs can be made after a female molts

mitchrobot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
my p.irminia has triple clutched. i dont recall the exact numbers (posted on my breeding log in the SfBats forum). the 2nd sac was the biggest if i remember correctly, the 3rd the smallest. all were good, and had no bad eggs. this female has double clutched as well.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Today I saw a bunch of "house spiders" (Don't know what they are. they live like on the porch in the top corners and stuff) And most of them had three egg sacs. Out of the three egg sacs each on had I only saw one egg sac each that had babies emerging from it. Thats just true spiders so those are probably very different from tarantulas though.
Yeah I think it's more common with true spiders. My Zoropsis spinimana had three.