has any one tried to start a line of dwarf dubias?

scorpanok

Arachnoknight
about 2 months ago I was low on feedable size dubias and piked up some at a pet store I noticed that they seemed quite a bit smaller then the rest of my dubias when they matured. after adding the fresh adults to the rest of the colony I noticed an increase of smaller adults so my question is has any one here tried to start a line of dwarf dubias?

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
about 2 months ago I was low on feedable size dubias and piked up some at a pet store I noticed that they seemed quite a bit smaller then the rest of my dubias when they matured. after adding the fresh adults to the rest of the colony I noticed an increase of smaller adults so my question is has any one here tried to start a line of dwarf dubias?
The small adults were probably malnourished as nymphs, and thus grew up to be small adults. Roach size is generally influenced by how much food and space there is. A colony of roaches will usually contain quite a few runts and less than impressive sized adults, while roaches raised individually or in much smaller numbers generally get bigger due to more food availability.

So unless you were to starve and overcrowd a population, I really don't think someone could create a "dwarf" dubia strain. :)

Last edited:

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
I feed off the dwarfish looking mature males and females to my savannah monitor as I consider them to be inferior and I don't want them reproducing.