Harry Potter Tarantula - question about lighting-shaped mark on abdomen.

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
Has she ever been damaged that you know of.Possible fall resulting in a rupture?
If not maybe you just have a unique Geniculata that just wants to march to the beat of her own drum.

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Looks like your girl got herself a tramp stamp.
Kids these days...

KevinFrancisco

Arachnopeon
Has she ever been damaged that you know of.Possible fall resulting in a rupture?
If not maybe you just have a unique Geniculata that just wants to march to the beat of her own drum.
I just got her a month ago so I don't really know if she had a ruptured abdomen before. Could this be just a scar or something? It doesn't look dangerous for the T at all, right?

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
I just got her a month ago so I don't really know if she had a ruptured abdomen before. Could this be just a scar or something? It doesn't look dangerous for the T at all, right?
Looks like some sort of scaring but as long as she eats I'd just enjoy my T and see if she molts out of it.

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Looks like your girl got herself a tramp stamp.
Kids these days...
I know, huh :cool:

I better keep an eye on my rebelious Females :p

Seriously though, she looks healthy to me K-Fran - good acquisition :}

MOBugGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Its just stretch marks. Alot of mine get them at a young age but dissapere when they get older.

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have a 3-inches A. Geniculata and she has a lightning-shaped mark on her abdomen. Here is a picture of her on my facebook account.
I have read articles about poor ventilation resulting to marks appearing on the abdomen. Do you think this is a result of poor ventilation on the container?

Thanks in advance! :razz:
Can you take more pictures from different angle and post here
dont look a scar, more look like something on her, piece of tread or something else

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You have no idea how disappointed I am this was not a thread to discuss acromantulas :(

KevinFrancisco

Arachnopeon
OK, can you take more pictures of the abdomen and post them, please
Will do, sir.

You have no idea how disappointed I am this was not a thread to discuss acromantulas :(
Hahahaha! Sorry not a fan of harry potter. I still had to search what acromantulas are. Hehe...But what the hell, let's just think of them as wizard-bred (us) creatures to guard our treasure hoardes. Bwahahaha! {D

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Will do, sir.
sir? even so Anastasia is definitely a female name, I also have gender Female in my profile
I bet, you feel funny been addressed as Madame, Mam, Mrs, Miss when your name is Kevin, no?

unless in Philippines females are 'sir' and guys are 'miss' even so they have male giblets :D

KevinFrancisco

Arachnopeon
sir? even so Anastasia is definitely a female name, I also have gender Female in my profile
I bet, you feel funny been addressed as Madame, Mam, Mrs, Miss when your name is Kevin, no?

unless in Philippines females are 'sir' and guys are 'miss' even so they have male giblets :D
Oooopps...Sorry about that. But yeah I always add that to my sentence with my friends, guess I carried it over here. Haha but yeah no offense, dear :)