Harpactira pulchripes -> sling concern - pre-molt?

Kenley

Arachnopeon
Dear hobbyst's in the beginning - sorry if my English ain't too acurate it's not my primary language so sorry in advance.

My big concern lately is my newest addition H. pulchripes sling. I have it for 3-4 days and it's not eating. Well I'm in the hobby for about 10 years so normally I can recognize pre-molt and healthy admin etc. This time im really not sure, me and my friend bought slings from one dealer and his specimen is eating normally what made me nervous about mine. It's normal that spiderlings molt in different times and one grow faster when other don't I'm just bit worried and wanted to hear what You thin dear friends hobbyst's:

So about sling : his lifestage - 1st molt, humidity about 60-70% and temperature is about 27 Celsius (low 80 Fahrenheit) during day and 21 Celsius (low 70 Fahrenheit) during night.

I know the old world T's don't have very "plump" admin before molt but with this little "jewel" I rather ask anyone who may have more experience with this species - sorry for the quality of photo's but it's most i can take from my antic camera.

The "thing" on the photo near the T is sliced mealworm and a bit of lateralis wich i gave him\her right before making those pictures. I will take it out in the morning if she won't eat it again.

Thanks in advance for any help or for just calming me down.

Charlie69

Arachnosquire
Don't have very long experience. I have two H.pulchripes. I keep moisture on half of the enclosure, and give them a little something to attatch their webbing to. Both mine burrow on the dry side. They really don't like to mutch humidity.

cold blood

Staff member
Definitely too wet in there. Don't measure humidity.

Looks healthy and plump....I wouldn't worry.

In the future, just offer it one small piece of food, it doesn't need a buffet of choices;)

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
I'd go for a bigger enclosure and less humidity. I've kept my H. pulchripes on bone dry substrate since I got it as a .5" sling and it's been thriving so far. Just make sure you give it a water bowl as well. Like others said, it looks fine right now so I wouldn't stress over a few days with no food.

boina

Lady of the mites
+1 for less humidity. You are drowning your T in there...

Kenley

Arachnopeon
Thanks everyone for the info, yeap I will decrease himidity and give it a bit bigger enclosure with something she may web on. The fact why I increased the humidity was my room air is very dry and I'm trying to keep my slings well hydrated. I will give it a day or two and try to feed it again.

Kenley

Arachnopeon
I changed the substrate and gave her new enclosure with little plastic plant so she can web - the substrate is a mix of sand and coco fiber (1 spoon of sand on 4 spoons of coco fiber) hope it's much better now.

Kenley

Arachnopeon
Is it normal that the sling is that dark? Or it may be in pre-molt? It's my first time with this species so any information would be great :)