Harpactira pulchripes mating question

gabrielgartner

Arachnosquire
I attempted to pair a mature male (ultimate molt ~2 months ago) and a mature female who last molted about 1.5 months ago. The male made a half-hearted attempt to mate, the female was receptive. The male ultimately fled and after about 45 minutes of zero movement on his part, I removed him and placed him back in his enclosure.

My question is how long typically should I wait before attempting to pair them again?
Also note, I haven't seen a sperm web (I know what they look like) but there's so much webbing in his enclosure and I'm assuming he tore it down anyway.

Thanks in advance,
Gabe

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
It is always good to read beforehand, previously posted breeding report to get some insights, remarks, informations.

Last edited:

su3cl3a8

Arachnopeon
If clear insertions were witnessed, there is no need to pair them again. If not, I usually wait for 1 week(while offer food and water) and try again. Sperm webs can be destroyed as you may know, so I wouldn't worry about not seeing them. Got two sacks from my 0.2 recently. Already bulk sold the first sack, and now waiting on the 1i from the second sack to turn 2i.