Harpactira not eating 1 month on after molt

Urbexer92

Arachnopeon
So my female Harpactira Dictator molted well over a month ago she sealed herself in an didn’t see her for like ages she’s finally surfaced and I can just see her old molt deep in her burrow. She looks good and healthy + bigger!

But Is just refusing food I’ve seen her drink a couple of days ago but she just don’t want to eat.

All my other T’s after molting are so hungry and feisty and eat first time with in 2 weeks from molting, so thought this was a bit strange.

She looks healthy any time I go in with the tongs she shys away or goes to threat pose. Other times I’ve dropped food in and she just ignores it. Any ideas?
Many Thanks

Last edited:

Liquifin

Arachnoking
You have a mature male. Mature males don't eat as much as they are focused on finding a female for breeding before they die. The most you can do is provide a full water dish to ensure it drinks and try to feed it whenever it'll eat.

Urbexer92

Arachnopeon
You have a mature male. Mature males don't eat as much as they are focused on finding a female for breeding before they die. The most you can do is provide a full water dish to ensure it drinks and try to feed it whenever it'll eat.
Hi thanks although it’s Definitely female sexed on previous molts to confirm, and purchased originally as ‘female’ from CFTN

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Hi thanks although it’s Definitely female sexed on previous molts to confirm, and purchased originally as ‘female’ from CFTN
It could just be me then, but can you get a picture of its pedipalps and its front legs if possible. Maybe it's just the angle, so I would like to see them if possible.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
So my female Harpactira Dictator molted well over a month ago she sealed herself in an didn’t see her for like ages she’s finally surfaced and I can just see her old molt deep in her burrow. She looks good and healthy + bigger!

But Is just refusing food I’ve seen her drink a couple of days ago but she just don’t want to eat.

All my other T’s after molting are so hungry and feisty and eat first time with in 2 weeks from molting, so thought this was a bit strange.

She looks healthy any time I go in with the tongs she shys away or goes to threat pose. Other times I’ve dropped food in and she just ignores it. Any ideas?
Many Thanks
An issue with the sucking stomach is my guess.

Pmurinushmacla

Arachnobaron

Many Thanks
Im confused, they just emerged today? So how do you know they molted a month ago?

arthurliuyz

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter +
Im confused, they just emerged today? So how do you know they molted a month ago?
This.

What color are its fangs? My guess is that it's freshly molted and it's fang haven't fully hardened yet. Only feed when fangs are black.
My H pulchripes buried herself about a month prior of molting and emerged the day after she molted. So I'm guessing it's the case here.