Harpactia pulchripes bad molt issue

Shinn

Arachnosquire
So my Harpactira pulchripes sling, Abel, went into most on the 21st so I mostly left it alone. Went to check in on it today and found that it had molted badly. Missing 2 limbs on the left and the right back leg is curved.
20220123_074905.jpg
Abel missing two limbs and a malformed one.

So I wanted to ask how common are molt issues and malformed bolts and what if anything should I do with the curved leg? Just worried this might be genetic issue as my other H. pulchripes, Cain was missing some limbs too when I got it.
20220123_075615.jpg
Cain, it's fellow sling missing two front limbs. It has since recovered after a molt.

Crazyarachnoguy

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter
Tarantulas are pretty tough, especially when it comes to missing or losing limbs. My apophysis just had a bad molt and lost a leg, it’s pretty common actually and nothing to worry about. As for genetics, i think that’s very unlikely. It may be possible his bent leg was caused by that log in the enclosure?

Shinn

Arachnosquire
Tarantulas are pretty tough, especially when it comes to missing or losing limbs. My apophysis just had a bad molt and lost a leg, it’s pretty common actually and nothing to worry about. As for genetics, i think that’s very unlikely. It may be possible his bent leg was caused by that log in the enclosure?
It's not a log but a very thin and light piece of bark to act as hide. It also molted inside the burrow. Maybe insufficient leg room :(. Should I transfer it to a larger enclosure? It is just slightly over 1 inch and housed in a 5 inch diameter food tub that has 3 inch of substrate and about inch and half of headroom.

Crazyarachnoguy

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter
Yeah I probably would. I don’t think that played a factor in his or her leg, but it’s a good idea. I wouldn’t beat yourself up over it though, it happens. Is the leg cut off right where it attaches to the carapace, or does it look cut off? It’s hard to tell from the photo.

Shinn

Arachnosquire
yeah missing limbs all appear cut off. Just the malformed ones I'm concerned over. Hopefully will recover by the next molt or two.

Crazyarachnoguy

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter
If it’s cut off then it did not self amputate and something must of injured the spider.