Harmful?

orkimedies

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
if you are not worried about your T getting parasites or consuming dangerous chemicals that might be in the pede's system and dieing than go for it.

in my opinion it is not worth the risk, especially if it is an expensive T, if you want to see it eat something cool go buy a baby mouse, they love those.

Bothrops

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I don't know, but why take the risk? Just feed her a cricket or a roach :rolleyes:

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
looks like sutrigra sp pede. depending on the size of the T the pede may eat your T lol
centipedes beat almost everyting they are bigger than or even many that outweigh them by a lot....
not to mention "you dont know where that thing has been!" no telling how many contaminates that thing has been exposed to or how many parasites it has.
And DO NOT FEED IT A MOUSE OF ANY SIZE thats just pointless, they dont need anything but crickets or roaches for food to live healthy lives . If you can't afford or dont want to spend the money on crix or roaches then sell the T !

CrypticRealism

Arachnopeon
lol I doubt that would happen..she's a full grown G.Rosea
but I will take your advice since I did capture it in my basement and I really have no idea as to how many parasites/contaminants it's carryng, if any.
..I was pretty iffy about it anyway which lead to the thread
it just looks so juicy so I thought she may enjoy it

And I've been giving her crickets for the past year that I've had her..I'm thinking of switching to roaches..give her a change and all

Thanks!

looks like sutrigra sp pede. depending on the size of the T the pede may eat your T lol
centipedes beat almost everyting they are bigger than or even many that outweigh them by a lot....
not to mention "you dont know where that thing has been!" no telling how many contaminates that thing has been exposed to or how many parasites it has.
And DO NOT FEED IT A MOUSE OF ANY SIZE thats just pointless, they dont need anything but crickets or roaches for food to live healthy lives . If you can't afford or dont want to spend the money on crix or roaches then sell the T !

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
could be deluted with parisites or pestisides, so i wouldnt risk it myself. Although im sure your T could take it down without a problem, we got those around here

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
lol I doubt that would happen..she's a full grown G.Rosea
but I will take your advice since I did capture it in my basement and I really have no idea as to how many parasites/contaminants it's carryng, if any.
..I was pretty iffy about it anyway which lead to the thread
it just looks so juicy so I thought she may enjoy it

And I've been giving her crickets for the past year that I've had her..I'm thinking of switching to roaches..give her a change and all

Thanks!
my rosea wouldnt eat roaches, if you want to try you may want to get a few and see is she will eat them first. you also may want to keep that pede , they are cool looking pedes i haven seen any around here like that tho i hear there are some around here somehwere lol

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Man just looking at it I would not feed it to any of my Ts. I might keep that as a pet though. Its cool looking. Oregon is plane jane when it comes to most wild things. We have some pedes, birds, rain, fish, trees thats about it. :D

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my rosea wouldnt eat roaches, if you want to try you may want to get a few and see is she will eat them first. you also may want to keep that pede , they are cool looking pedes i haven seen any around here like that tho i hear there are some around here somehwere lol
they tend to be in basements usually is what ive noticed, but ive seen them in my driveway. careful if keepin them as pets...there fast

CrypticRealism

Arachnopeon
So I've concluded that I'll be keeping it as a pet

I did some research and found out that it's actually a Scutigera coleoptrata
also known as the common "house centipede"
..they're originally native to the Mediterranean region but have obviously spread out to various parts of the world.

Since it's an insectivore, cucumbers are definitely out of the picture..which is what I initially placed inside it's container haha

I wonder if crickets will do..

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Crickets will do just fine. There has already been some threads on the house pedes so just do a search.