Hardwood for Millipedes

Nicholas Rothstein

Arachnoknight
I'm going to try and keep Trigoniulus corallinus again. If this works out well I'm going to try and keep those flat back millipedes (I don't know the species).

Could you guys be a bit more specific about hardwood trees? Monkey pod and Caribbean trumpet tree are both angiosperms (which to my knowledge are "hardwood"), but are they actually safe for the Trigoniulus corallinus to eat? Do they even eat it? I don't have oak, maple, or aspen that is safe around me.

I know the flat back ones eat monkey pod bark and rotting branches. I tried keeping them but after a few months their health went down hill.

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It might be worth it to buy a small bag of hardwood leaves online. If your keeping scarlet millipedes, one bag should go a pretty long way.

Nicholas Rothstein

Arachnoknight
It might be worth it to buy a small bag of hardwood leaves online. If your keeping scarlet millipedes, one bag should go a pretty long way.
If I do get some hardwood leaves online then it'll probably be you.

But do you know about monkey pod or the trumpet tree?

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If I do get some hardwood leaves online then it'll probably be you.

But do you know about monkey pod or the trumpet tree?
i don’t know much about either of those tree species, unfortunately, at least by their common names.

Nicholas Rothstein

Arachnoknight
Temporary set up. Gonna go and collect leaves at a friend's house on sunday. And gonna go buy the rest of my substrate supplies on Saturday.

Soooooo active. If I sexed a couple right then the males were trying to mate with males??? Kind of strange, the other Male just tried to walk away and then just stayed there until the other Male stopped. 20200123_211045.jpg