Hardest to find T's

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would guess that one of the hardest to find is the blondi, as it doesn't seem to want to breed too easily. So within the hobby, I'd say they're the hardest to get your fingers on.

In the wild - haven't the slightest idea.

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
ive heard that to its not that shocking really they don't breed as readily as the Lasiodora parahybana.

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Never said it was shocking, just pointed it out. Probably because makin optimal living conditions for a blondi is rather hard after what I've heard, and they just wont breed in less than optimal conditions.

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
I can see that for sure ive heard of a lot of people having issues breeding them.

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
This has been one of the nicest forum's ive been in very informative and nice :) Im learning more just by hanging out here :)

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
Yeah ive seen that as well some are common here in the U.S. and some are really rare.

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I would guess that one of the hardest to find is the blondi, as it doesn't seem to want to breed too easily. So within the hobby, I'd say they're the hardest to get your fingers on.

In the wild - haven't the slightest idea.
Nah, not in europe. I know a dealer in Denmark who has the real Theraphosa blondi spiderlings for sale and also a few dealers in Germany.

It aslo depends where in this world you live and knowledge about species, dealers ect ect. I have been in this hobby for a few years and i hear about theraphosidae species that are new to me to all the time. Have a look at the T-store forum witch is a better forum than AB and you will find many "new" stuff

Last edited:

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nah, not in europe. I know a dealer in Denmark who has the real Theraphosa blondi spiderlings for sale and also a few dealers in Germany.

It aslo depends where in this world you live and knowledge about species, dealers ect ect. I have been in this hobby for a few years and i hear about theraphosidae species that are new to all the time. Have a look at the T-store forum witch is a better forum than AB
Compared to many other species, there is a low count, as they generally produce few young, from what I've heard.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
megaphobema species. mainly M. robustum, and M. peterklassi.

TomM

Arachnobaron of Pennsylvania
Old Timer
I would have to say that the hardest T's to find have yet to be discovered{D

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
For example in the UK p.smithi's are as common as g.roseas here.
But in the U.S. p.mithi's are rare.

P.s I know, this forum rocks
Although P. smithi is more common over sea's than here in the US, Im pretty sure it was close to being extinct in the hobby worldwide just a few years ago. Comparing it to G. rosea is a poor example, as a few other people already mentioned.

Lots of factors play a role in what makes a spider rare in the hobby. How new the sp. is, how difficult is it to breed, how often is it imported, ect ect..... You might not realize how rare a spider is until you try to find one.

For me a spider that I would like to see more of in the U.S. is Sphaerobothria hoffmanni . There are only a couple of females in the U.S., and Im sure all the males have died off by now. They are not easy to breed, and havent been imported in years.

Later, Tom

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
wow that is one pretty T very nice color's i wonder how defensive that species is?

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Compared to many other species, there is a low count, as they generally produce few young, from what I've heard.
Some years ago they where quite common. They sac is usually from 30-100 as i have heard. Phalagorns female made of 176 slings from one sac witch must be a record.