[Inquiry] Happyforest.store

Deathvyper6819

Arachnopeon
Has anyone ever bought from happyforest.store?
they have a variety of scorpions on there and are willing to ship to me but it feels suspicious!

Malum Argenteum

Arachnoknight
Looks suspicious.

Bad English, and they ship via international carriers (shipping goods that can't be shipped without customs clearances). There isn't anywhere on the website that states their location -- FB posts suggest China. You don't want to be on the receiving end of illegally shipped animals, nor of dead ones (my last international goods shipment (electronics from Japan) spent ten days at US customs).

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
Looks suspicious.

Bad English, and they ship via international carriers (shipping goods that can't be shipped without customs clearances). There isn't anywhere on the website that states their location -- FB posts suggest China. You don't want to be on the receiving end of illegally shipped animals, nor of dead ones (my last international goods shipment (electronics from Japan) spent ten days at US customs).
Very true, I've tried to find a definite address, all I can find out is they are based in China. If you look on their Facebook page the reviews gave a total of 3.5 out of 5. One reviewer said they sent a tarantula concealed in a toy plane to avoid customs. !!

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Has anyone ever bought from happyforest.store?
they have a variety of scorpions on there and are willing to ship to me but it feels suspicious!
You'll need an import license to bring scorpions into Canada from overseas

Malum Argenteum

Arachnoknight
Is that true with the states as well?
The first three hits on the web for "import arthropods into US" are regarding permits needed from APHIS, CDC, and NIH. Also, packaging of live animals sent by common carrier is strictly regulated, and it is very unlikely that the shipper in question will follow the required procedures.

Here is some info from FWS:

Also, various states and localities regulate exotic animals; those laws would have to be followed.