Happy news!

Satu

Arachnopeon
Just have to share this with people who will understand...

Ever since I first saw a photo of an A. versicolor I knew I had to have one -- and just then they seemed to be impossible to get hold of. Our LPS said they had trouble sourcing them, none of the UK online dealers seemed to have any... Well, today, Mr S and I went to the LPS to buy more spid-- crickets. And guess what I found? The cutest little versi sling ever. Of course it had to come home with us (along with a couple of others, because it seems to be impossible to buy just one T).

I've just rehomed the little dude -- whom I've named Merlin --, and in the process it decided to have a little scamper all over my hands. This is the first time I've handled any T. I now have the biggest grin in the world on my face.

Now I just hope it settles in okay, and I'll try not to fret too much. I know their conditions are a bit trickier to get right than my other spiders, but let's hope I got it right!

I still haven't mastered the art of photographing spiders properly, so there are no pictures just yet.

Mez

Arachnoknight
Congrats. I just got a small juvie last week, really nice and quickly becoming one of my favourites.

Satu

Arachnopeon
Thanks, both!

The little dude is now helpfully sitting between the inner and the outer lids of the enclosure I made. I have the urge to go in there and show it the rest of the place, but so far I'm resisting...

EmilyK

Arachnopeon
Congratulations! My little versi is one of my favorites, too. They're so pretty.

Satu

Arachnopeon
Congrats. What else did you pick up?
I also got a teeny tiny N. chromatus; Mr Satu picked up a little H. maculata sling, and together we got a P. miranda juvie (so pretty, though their speed worries me a bit!). I don't know if most couples divvy their Ts up between them, but it works for us. ;)