Happy Birthday to Me: New Slings(GBB)

Amelia

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've never really been big on my birthday, (whoo, I aged. hooray.) but this year I decided to spoil myself. Though not for another week, I have started the "celebrating" early. I spent the last three days in Ohio with my sister. Got my hair done by a literal Hair God(went from about two feet of hair to not quite a foot... :eek:). Took a real riding lesson given to me by my sister at the barn where she works. Went to a concert. Went bowling. I had a great time. I bought myself all sorts of little things, including new hair stuff for the new get up, a new outfit, cheap jewelry to go with said outfit . . .

. . . and two little Greenbottle Blues.

It all worked out so perfectly. They arrived not twenty minutes after I got home from Ohio, in the snow, and THANK GOODNESS they were packaged so well. They were a slightly chilled but they were both alive and well.

My mother gave me this "Oh no. Not more spiders!" condescending look when I grabbed the box and ran upstairs to unpack them. When I showed her the pictures of the adults she was immediately fine with them. Hah, I love how that works.

Oh, I am so excited!

GBB #1

GBB #2

I wonder how many more I can fit in here?

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Sweet babies! My GBB molted recently, went from a bit smaller than your two to almost 2.25" legspan. I graduated "him" from his tall pill vial to a 4" acrylic cube. He has made the most amazing web hammock, and today I watched him travers it upside-down to get his lunch.

The babies are beautifully marked though I can't wait (as I am sure you can't either) to see adult coloration coming in! And food? My guy eats like a piglet!

Congrats and Happy Bday!

Marga

Dexity

Arachnopeon
where does one go to get those cubes? I need something like that....

captmarga

Arachnobaron
where does one go to get those cubes? I need something like that....
I have several of mine in cubes similar to what are shown in the OP's photo. I got them at Michael's craft store, but have also found them at Hobby Lobby and The Container Store. I use a tiny bit on my dremel to put holed in them.

Marga