Happy 4th of July/Brainfart question?

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
First off Happy Independence Day to all the Arachnid Lovers on here!

Whoever is not in the USA....happy 4th day in the month of July :)

Its been a fun couple months of here. Thanks everyone!

I did have a liiiiittle brainfart today and figured I'd run it by y'all...

I've realized not to do spider maintenance until fully awake now haha

My SAF C. leetzi closed off both ends off her burrow/furrow 2 days ago assumingly preparing for a much due molt

Noticed the furrow was really dry and decided bring her down off the shelf to put a few drops of water on it. Did so and then realized I should probably leave her alone incase she's moulting. I realize odds are very low she was moulting in there at this exact point in time. Say she was, do you think that disturbance could've messed with her moult? Opinions appreciated.

Once again....enjoy your holiday folks! Stay safe aaaaaaand don't drink and drive

Sincerely,
The guy with the revoked license!

basin79

ArachnoGod

My SAF C. leetzi closed off both ends off her burrow/furrow 2 days ago assumingly preparing for a much due molt

Noticed the furrow was really dry and decided bring her down off the shelf to put a few drops of water on it. Did so and then realized I should probably leave her alone incase she's moulting. I realize odds are very low she was moulting in there at this exact point in time. Say she was, do you think that disturbance could've messed with her moult? Opinions appreciated.

Once again....enjoy your holiday folks! Stay safe aaaaaaand don't drink and drive

Sincerely,
No. Moving her enclosure like that won't do anything to interfere with her moult.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Nope you’re completely okay! Small movements in general don’t really affect them. I’ve moved enclosures while something was beginning molting so that I could film it or get a picture and they were fine. As long as you don’t physically mess with it I don’t see a problem.

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
No. Moving her enclosure like that won't do anything to interfere with her moult.
The little rainfall won't hurt my baby either right?! 😅

Need to start trusting myself a little more. But then again I've come a long way in such a short time! (Feels like forever though!)

basin79

ArachnoGod

Need to start trusting myself a little more. But then again I've come a long way in such a short time! (Feels like forever though!)
No. A few drops of water running down won't do any harm.

MrsHaas

Arachnoangel
Old Timer

Sincerely,
You’re fine. Many ppl do that stuff or much more accidentally while a t is molting and they don’t even realize.

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight

For your own peace of mind, i have accidentally half submerged one of my funnelwebs mid molt, i didnt realise it was molting and poured a decent amount of water in since the sub looked drier than it should have. After noticing alot of it went down her hole i lifted up the container to look underneath and low and behold the poor thing was up to its fangs in water, mid molt. I managed to reasonably quickly drain the water but the spider couldn't have been more unphased and molted perfectly. I doubt a drop or 2 would harm a molting T much, if anything it may lubricate the legs and make the process slightly quicker

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
I’ve had several slings molt perfectly in shipping(no bad molts at all). I can’t imagine a disturbance worse than that, short of causing an injury.

Tigger

Arachnopeon
I was replacing a bunch of plastic spiderling hides with corkbark one night and I didn't have my glasses on. I lifted up the hide of one of my slings and gave it a nudge with a paintbrush. It didn't budge so I gave it another tap. It kind of waved one leg at me like it was trying to push the brush away. Cheeky! I brought the enclosure out under the light and took a closer look. It was on it's back, mid molt. I put it back on the shelf and when I checked again a couple of hours later it had finished molting and seemed completely unfazed by the whole thing. I think they are more resilient than we give them credit for. We just tend to only hear about it when something goes wrong.