Haplopelma's

Doug H

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Is anybody out there working with any of these H.sp
H.doriae
H.robustum
H.salangensis
I have H.albostriatum,aureospilosum,longipedum,minax and schmidti,sp chinese black
I'm just looking for some others any help would be..well helpfull:D

Haploman

ArachnoEarthTiger
Old Timer
Hey

Hey Doug,
H robustum --- Volker Von wirth has said in another thread that the last time anyone had a specimen of the robustum was in WWII and it was destroyed so it isnt available in the hobby as for the rest of them they arent available in the U.S yet

Haploman

ArachnoEarthTiger
Old Timer
you can get this one

Haplopelma Costale is one you didnt mention its available here in the U.S.

Haploman

ArachnoEarthTiger
Old Timer
i dont have pics

Martin,
Yes volker has told me that, I ditn know how really story went but Im glad now I was almost right, He also told me dont use the H costale name use the Ornithoctinaie sp instead.
I lost all pics on puter due to computer crash but compared to your photos its the same. except mine is a subadult female

Haploman

ArachnoEarthTiger
Old Timer
oh yeah

Martin,
I remember where it came from at the time when it was a sling it came from europe it was labeled on the screw on european vials having labelled HC looked in books and came across haplopelma costale, as it grew I thought it was haplopelma schmidti just becuz of the mustache along the scopula so i started comparing pics that I seen on your webpage and that french site?? wasnt sure though then just until the latest molt it definatly Haploplema costale or ornithoctoninaie sp dont look even like a h schmidti at all attached is a pic I got what it exactly looks like

Lantang

Arachnopeon
haplopelma

i think it was a year and a half ago Pat brought in some "Borneo Giant Black" tarantulas, I believe?Isnt H.doriae, a black species, native to Borneo?I know this isnt reliable.....but something to talk about.
Maybe someone else has some input on them.

Also anyone remeber those Cyriopagopus ssp? 2 years ago?
Werent these thought to be H.robustum?