Haplopelma vonwirthi

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Ahem...

Search function is your friend :)

I got one from an LPS when it was an immature male (didn't know that at the time). Typical "pet hole" that Haplos are... I NEVER saw it, until it matured.

B8709

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
An obligate burrower that needs around 8 inches of substrate. It doesn't usually surface except occasionally at night. It's a defensive old world species that you don't wanna be bitten by. I found mine to be somewhat boring most of the time as all I could see was a hole. I recommend it for people who have kept spiders for quite a while. I traded my haplopelma for a brachypelma. I would consider getting one again only after I've bought many other Ts.

pwilson5

Arachnoknight
got one from a reptile expo for a whopping 8$.. "she" is in a U shaped burrow up against the side of her container so i get to see her.. shes a ferocious eater..

she was my... 3rd tarantula.. i went versicolor... LP... Vonwirthi.. H. mac

"Mocha"

8ighth Wonder

Arachnopeon
Mine refused to burrow...it found a spot under the plant webbed it and stayed there. I have recently redecorated and started a burrow to see if she will burrow...as far as biting goes..Mine jumped at me a while back..I mean, a serious vertical leap!! Thank God for quick reflexes.

pwilson5

Arachnoknight
Mine refused to burrow...it found a spot under the plant webbed it and stayed there. I have recently redecorated and started a burrow to see if she will burrow...as far as biting goes..Mine jumped at me a while back..I mean, a serious vertical leap!! Thank God for quick reflexes.
i had to literally SOAK her substrate.. like moisten it to where you think its good... then add more water... i used warm water and she dug right in..

mine when i first got her... she spun around and slapped at me..

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I'm currently keeping spiderlings and adults of this species.Keep them like any other Haplopelma and you will be fine ;]
-Chris

8ighth Wonder

Arachnopeon
Update

For the first time since I've had her my Hap. is burrowing and I am going to pull up a chair, crack a cold one with a warm one on the side and watch.

XzotticAnimal420

Arachnosquire
Ahem...

Search function is your friend :)

I got one from an LPS when it was an immature male (didn't know that at the time). Typical "pet hole" that Haplos are... I NEVER saw it, until it matured.
KUDOS. My experience was the same :)